Please add ritual of doom like you guys said you were going to during blizzcon

If this isn’t added to the game i’m not buying shadowlands.

8 Likes

Ritual of Doom is a feature of Dreadscar Rift.

I’m talking about the classic wow ability ritual of doom which summoned a doom guard. It was revealed in a panel during blizzcon that it was coming back but apparently it’s not in the beta. maybe most players don’t seem to care but this is very upsetting for me.

5 Likes

I dont know why they wouldnt it’s fun class fantasy.

fun

Oh.

5 Likes

Ritual of Doom summons a doomguard. It even kills somebody.

OP, do you mean Curse of Doom?

No. Ritual of Doom, was a spell a Warlock received a quest to do, back in BC I believe, in order to enslave and thus receive the Spell: Ritual of Doom.

It required 4 other players to assist the Warlock in a Ritual of Doom; at the end of the cast/channel a random party member was ‘sacrificed’ to bring forth the Doomguard, whom I think you had to use your “Enslave Demon” spell on. He had a 30m or a 1hr duration and could receive party buffs and hit like a truck.

They brought back the spell in Legion for the Class Hall, but only as a sort of tease, as you couldn’t actually cast the thing outside the Hall, nor really use it like the original form, which was in addition to your other ‘summoned’ demon, according to the spec you’re in.

It was an absolutely awesome spell and one of the unique things the class had. The took that away, then they took Meta. They’re probably looking into how they can just make it a ‘borrowed power’ deal and have it be a proc like Visions of Perfection or something along the lines of Nether Portal.

Pretty ridiculous to be in Beta and not have firm information.

3 Likes

Lol ritual of doom was fun to raid with. Sucked to b the unlucky guy of the 5 to die.