Please add more LGBT stories

The sad story is Blizz wont add more.

They need to be able to sensor the small nods that they did place in wow in order to operate in China. (The Bastion guy that is a man in Bastion but was a women in Azeroth) … You could read his story line by the chat bubble he has… But… says nothing in the Chinese game client.

Blizz will be the first one out on the streets at pride day/(week? - forgive me and my ignorance). However behind closed doors all they care about is $. … and in different regions this is still taboo that would directly impact their bottom line.

2 Likes

And the person you quoted never once said anything about LGBT. How about reading what they posted instead of what you thought they did?

4 Likes

If there are two NPCs standing next to each other with the same last name, is it “forced”?

If an NPC tells you that his wife has been captured by gnolls and he needs you to go save her, is that “forced”?

It’s literally the title of the thread, don’t be obtuse.

5 Likes

Already explained why I included that. :woman_shrugging:

But seems like my point was lost on most of everyone anyway.

1 Like

No.

Yes.

2 Likes

Name checks out.

3 Likes

Sure Ion thanking yourself are you? really you have to stop your trolling posts trying to hype up this trash you created.

1 Like

Do you really need more than the OP’s name, people?

2 Likes

Obvious troll post. Wheres the popcorn?

2 Likes

oh I’m not trolling. I really want more lgbt stories and characters. I find them cute :blush:

It took 15 posts before someone finally noticed. wow.

1 Like

Depends on who sees it I suppose. Yeah, the mods are probably just generic employees hired to watch more than one forum. Maybe discourse actually mods instead of Blizz (who knows?). There are CMs though and they would know the difference. If nothing else, they could combine duplicate threads or close duplicates instead of restoring them.

The CMs don’t have anything to do with the forums anymore.

1 Like

This.

Literally couldn’t care, because 9.9/10 it doesn’t matter to the story, the game, or anything.

Yes, the last Night Warrior was gay.

But guess what, no one cares - because it’s not really an issue.

Did it change the fact that he was night warrior? Nope.

Did it change the course of the story? Nope.

Did it offer any material change that positively or negatively impacted the game? Nope.

In fact the only reason we figured out he was gay, was the idea - “true loves kiss will cure him!”

Yeah, it didn’t, and then we proceed to solve the problem.

The best part, that last line offered nothing but to simply affirm that those characters were gay. A rather unrefined and blunt storytelling style - the writing could’ve naturally revealed that, and it would’ve been a much more interesting story, instead of forcing it and then effectively saying “Hey look at this! We’re woke!”

Same with Pelagos. What difference does it make if he’s transgender? What value to does that give to the story? So far, Pelagos comes off as an incompetent liability. But I have one more chapter to go, so we’ll see how it turns out.

LGBT stories are Warcraft stories.

That should be enough. The fact that they exist is merit enough. They don’t need “lipstick.”

Giving them special distinction will not prove advantageous in the long run.

The more there’s a call for “recognition” or “we’re different” the more sort of toxicity it will foment in the community. Until all that’s left is a virtue signalling cadre that points “Good Boi” points ahead of compelling stories, development etc.

There seems to be this misconception that this viewpoint is anti-gay/LGBT. No, it’s just anti-forced crappy story telling. Could not give 2 cents about orientation - what kind of character do you have?

Attempt to apply elements of real life morality to an anonymous vacuum, in a fantasy world seems like wasted effort that really doesn’t accomplish anything meaningful.

10 Likes

You gotta remember, they have nothing against LGBTQ+ stories

They just hate having then shoved in their faces, like a side character in a quest who you can notice is in a gay relationship if you look really hard and read 3 hidden books in game

You know, really shoehorned and shoved in their face

6 Likes

I’m conflicted.

You’re probably trolling but I also want more LGBT+ representation.

3 Likes

Well, once in awhile on a full moon they post something. They also don’t have to post to be present. One popped in after midnight my time a week or so ago when one thread went off a cliff and exploded and it was 404’d so… Not common, but not impossible.

The fact that one of the most famous (infamous?) quests in Vanilla involves going to find out what happened to Mankrik’s wife, and nobody once thought to ask “why do we need to know that he has a wife?” or “why are they forcing us to acknowledge relationships?” kinda tells me everything I need to know about the sort of people who say those things now.

9 Likes

But he didn’t reply to the title.

He’s saying “the sexuality” which covers everything, does it not? Not just LGBT? And I get what he’s saying. A bunch of pixels can’t have a “sexuality” so it is kind of weird to obsess over it, especially in WoW which is rated T for Teen.

However, I do enjoy a good love story, which can have nothing to do with sex in an imaginary world. Like the two nelves from the Night Fae story. That was cute and sweet.

5 Likes

Sigh, do we really need one of these threads every hour? Go make fanfiction or you’re own MMO at this point.

4 Likes