Please add current mythics to heroic dungeon finder

Hi,

As per title, please add current Mythic dungeons to heroic dungeon group finder tool.

As an experiential learner, I find that reading the guides and watching videos only get me so far. I need to actually play it to learn, and I know I’m not alone in this.

Mythic is no place to learn mechanics - it’s awful for me, and for the poor people that I’m grouped with. I’ve managed to mess up several +2 lower karas today, trying to learn it.

Before all the posts start rolling in telling me that I’m bad, and/or watch the videos and read the guides - I know that I’m bad, and I’ve watched/read. My brain just doesn’t learn that way, at least for WoW. I’d really like an option to experience and learn the mechanics in-game, in an environment that’s a bit more forgiving - ie heroic.

For background, I played a long time ago, and returned at the start of Shadowlands. I learnt the Shadowlands dungeons with everyone else, but since S4 started, I’ve found that most people seem to know the new-old dungeons and have no patience for the fact that I don’t.

Heroic dungeons for the current season should of been put in. Mythic plus should never be in dungeon queue. Also for a +2 would take insane level mistake to brick that from one person, prob group. To learn a dungeon make sure to play dps and watch what others are doing and copy.

1 Like

Thanks Itch :slight_smile:

Agree M+ shouldn’t go in queue - those groups need to be curated. Wouldn’t mind a better search tool for them though (ie set the search for all keys between 10 and 15, for example, rather than the current options of everything or +/-1.)

Heroic and possibly M0 should be in the group finder tool though.

-V

However, Mythic-0 seems perfectly appropriate for automatic queues in the Group Finder. Both Heroic and Mythic-0 being available seems like a good starting point.

I think a more intuitive UI is always a good thing. They should be able to do proper “Filters”. This functionality does exist in the search bar though. If I type in “10-15”, I see +10’s, +11’s, +12’s, +13’s+ 14’s, and +15’s.

I also see the 20-odd boosting ads, so it’s not perfect, but as far as the filtering goes, it does seem to filter groups to within that range reliably.

It’s prob easier to ask guild. I can guide you and teach you the mechs. Lower is a weird outlier because the trash is heavily controlled by tank and dps. The bosses are a lot less on tank than other dungeons.

Thanks for the tip about ranges, I didn’t know that :slight_smile:

You can already do that. Just search 10-15 or whatever range you want.

Kinda just got to dive in. I just did everything on a +2 that I didn’t already know, and went from there.

But I do agree, they should have been added to the dungeon rotation.

I know they haven’t added them to the normal and heroic group finder but can they be run on mythic 0? I have not done any mythic+ this season for this reason as well. I’m a pretty casual player so I just scrapped the mythic+ idea this season and decided to just level toons to see if I can find another main for DF.

I agree and was thinking about this, I was even coming to post this suggestion on the forums. New seasonal mythic dungeons, especially past expansion dungeons should be available as a heroic on LFD when it comes out as a mythic for that season.

The suggestion of asking guild could be helpful, but getting an actual feel for it yourself is a good idea. Being told what to do or expect is one thing, feeling it out on your own internet connection is another thing. Having someone call out what needs to happen might not have it in time if you’ve got a smidge of latency, and a delay from the voice chat transmission itself and then it takes a moment to process the instructions. Doing it at heroic level gives you a chance to learn it without burning up someone’s key if there’s a misunderstanding on timing or some other issue. Having it available as a lower difficulty also offers players the ability to develop quicker reflexes and familiarity to the dungeon.

M+0 to test might not work so well with the older content. You can ignore or never see a lot of mechanics, and depending on the level or class, you could just skip trash mobs that you might otherwise need to know important aspects about killing them if doing the seasonal version of the mythic. I just ran through Karazhan tonight, all of it on M+0 for possible transmog stuff, when I got to Viz’aduum, I killed him before he even left the first platform, he didn’t even get a burning blast out.

The in-game dungeon guides can offer a little insight, but it’s not always sufficient, especially in especially chaotic, high movement situations where you’re also dodging affix effects on top of everything happening in the boss fight itself. For the uninitiated, WoW’s combat system isn’t currently especially good at telegraphing what is happening or even the boundaries of damaging effects. It’s potentially pretty punishing when you don’t know what’s happening - especially with one shot party wiping mechanics which can trigger off of one player’s errors which is especially tedious if the respawn location has a substantial time-sucking run back to the location that the fight was at, which is especially detrimental when there’s a timer ticking.

The heroic mode of older dungeons would have been really useful for folks that did not know either/both wings of Karazhan, if they weren’t familiar or just plain rusty. Karazhan also has trash that has party wiping mechanics if ignored, so people need to be pretty familiar and primed to react as needed. It also gives a chance for players to get familiar with what needs interrupts or other reactive responses.

If Bellular ever gets his wish and we get Skyreach as a seasonal mythic, there’s going to be so many burned keys with problems at each of the bosses and that windy bridge is going to eat loads of players.

Personally I could have used a heroic mode for Mechagon’s dungeons, since I had a break in WoW playing from mid-BfA to about 9.2.5. Even with a dungeon mod like DBM, I made mistakes because I didn’t always know what to expect since stuff isn’t generally well telegraphed in combat for WoW, especially if you’re playing without something like DBM.

It would also be a good source of gear to help prep for mythic, it should drop the same item level as the other heroics at that time. I think it’s a solid idea to implement heroic versions of seasonal mythics on LFD.

OP’s sentiments totally make sense. I agree.