Playing Ahead: Making Choices in WoW Classic

I’m still trying to figure out if they are making clones or every single realm. Seems like there will be some awfully unpopulated Classic realms if that’s the case.

The way the post reads it does sound like every realm will get pre-patch copy.

Just log them in now so they have the name and character cloned. Then when prepatch drops on the 18th you will still have the names reserved. Delete and create.

And you reminded me that I need to do the same!!

That was part of a followup question: if I never want to activate any of these clones, could I just delete them all and recreate the characters? I’m guessing the answer is “yes” but I’d like to know for sure.

This is just an assumption, but I would think so. I would suspect you have just as much time between deleting them and grabbing the name as you do now.

But this is all guess work.

Just logged all my name holders in too. lol. . Thanks for the question

1 Like

Blizzard, please explain why exactly a cloning service is higher than almost everything on your current retail game? To include almost the same price as Shadowlands. Just because your business lost millions of subs & likely in a loss margin, doesn’t mean you should let the people who still play your game pay the price & punishment for it.

Many of us had plans on playing multiple characters into burning crusade. With you guys subjectively being “greedy” with your price points on a non-remastered 15 year old game, you are once again showing that you don’t care about the players or community. Only lining your pockets.

I’ll bet this is because the CEO decided to take a paycut even though he’s still making millions.

Also, the short prepatch. Short notice. ? What’s this about? Why should you rush content drops just because you need to meet a financial standard. TBC Prepatch was way longer than what you guys are actually giving us for the classic TBC version. The fact that we don’t get 1 free clone per account is insane. Your business strategist needs to go back to the drawing board. This is not how you keep players / subs, or keep players interested on a content drop.

Lol. “no changes”.

5 Likes

My final message, goodb ye

More like “Paying Ahead” lmao gottem

Will somebody please sing that song about classic?

I am unclear about the clone. We are allowed 10 characters on a server. So on May 18th, I go through each of my toons and set them up either in TBCC or Classic. However, if I send them to one or the other, it sounds like these toons will remain on the server I didn’t send them to as an inactive clone. So, for example, if I send 9 toons to classic and keep one on TBCC, I’d have one active toon and 9 inactive clones on TBCC. What if I want to make a new, active toon on TBBC? Can I do that, xor do the inactive clones fill up the rest of my 10 slots?

Edit: nvm. I just found in the frequently asked questions that inactive clones do count toward server total but they can be deleted/undeleted just like regular toons.

Will the names of my character be locked on both realms automatically? If so, when will the name be unlocked on the other realm if I choose not to clone my character?

I’m more interested in the riding/flying changes and whether they will have the Dungeon Finder option…?

Do yourself a favour:

1 Like

Wish we could clone a character from retail to BC :slight_smile: Just sayin…

Classic is shaping up to be exactly like the movie sequel that nobody asked for. An obvious cash-grab.

1 Like

I am really disappointed with the whole thing. I paid for Classic and BC once already. NOW you are wanting me to pay for it again?? AND I have to pay to clone my character to move from one to the other?
I’ve been playing since forever, kept up my subscription all this time. Since 2006?? I think.
I have watched as all of my characters have completely changed play styles, sat through the addition of mindless quests and dailies and rep, faction, club, and whatever else you all have come up with for us to grind; and now that you finally offer us a way to get out of the ocean of BS and back to the basics of the game you want to charge me for it…AGAIN??
It’s people like me that keep this game in business. Maybe you should really think before pushing us too far.