Playing a Paladin in Classic

This right here is correct. When people say you need to be holy to raid, all you really need is 21 points to get Devine favor. The other 30 points go where ever you want. It lets you be a damn good single target healer, while still able to go out in the world and farm.

For raids you keep a set of spell/healing power gear and swap to it. For PvP, stay in your plate gear and follow the MS warrior with the big askandi. Or you can single defend flags and keep the horde buys long enough until back up arrives. I played both an Aliance Paladin and a horde rogue, and the horde HATED paladins. They just don’t die

1 Like

I raided during the 5 min paly buffs and it wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be. You brought multiple Paladins, and we used whisper cast. Also this was when Kings was a 31 point ret talent, so you had to bring in a a few full Ret paladins.

1 Like

Heh, don’t I know it. Back during Vanilla, I was in my 30’s and leveling through Stranglethorn Vale when I ran across an Orc Warrior two or three levels lower than me. I killed him and didn’t think twice about it. Then I get a whisper from a Level 1 Dwarf cursing me out for it, and shortly after that a 60 Undead Rogue popped out of nowhere and killed me. I was pretty shocked by that, but went on my way, when he popped out, taking me by surprise, and killed me again.

After that I was ready, though, and went to Booty Bay. So when he popped out I immediately popped shield, healed myself, and watched the Booty Bay guards kill him and /e laughed at him. He did this for DAYS, and the whole time I was either in Booty Bay or Gadgetzan, and every time I popped shield, healed myself to full, and flipped him the bird while I watched the guards kill him. It was so deeply satisfying.

1 Like

prot for crazy big pulls and leveling

Hated that addon with a passion. People would waste my mana constantly using macros to spam me. I had to throw people on ignore but that led to my first gkick ever for not being a team player.

Ret until you feel comfortable aoe grinding with Prot. Prot feels pretty good aoe grinding.

If you are interested our server will have many Paladins on it, and we will be forming a Paladin Guild.
THE PALADIN Guild - Welcome