Player is Banned (72 Hours) for World PVP

papa smurf always says…

That’s interesting since the person posted the full video of the offense in question and it’s just normal world pvp

7 Likes

The infraction could have happened outside of the stream or before.

Like I said, I’m pretty sure they know what they did and aren’t telling the full story.

No one is getting banned for killing players in Wpvp. Unless they are going to extreme lengths to kill a single player.

7 Likes

Videos can be faked, or designed to be misleading. Like I said, anything coming out of reddit is suspect.

1 Like

Why do you think that?

Do you just assume everyone always lies all the time?

That may be a result of your guilty conscience, and not everyone lying all the time.

If it was filmed live on twitch, wouldn’t it be impossible to fake or be designed to be misleading as its all happening live?

2 Likes

He literally said that he played after that stream and before getting banned, how on earth is that stream proof?

8 Likes

Color me surprised. :roll_eyes:

This coming from the forum that lies constantly about game systems to have the game changed.

Sorry buddy, the WoW General Community is full of some the most dis-honest people I’ve ever seen on the web.

2 Likes

So he posted the full video and you can watch the clips from prior streams up until that point but the video has been doctored in some way? Come on dude

2 Likes

Wait so will we get banned in Classic for engaging in PvP in Southshore/Tarren Mill? I remember camping Southshore for hours, killing vendors and the Flight master so Alliance couldn’t escape. Never got banned in Vanilla, but it seems 2018 Blizzard might ban you for that now.

When it comes to the internet and these kinds of topics, yes it’s pretty safe guess that the full story isn’t being told or that the facts are being twisted. The internet lies a lot. Blindly trusting what strangers on the internet say is a terrible idea.

4 Likes

… Wait… Is this just a way to promote his twitch? lol

4 Likes

Careful, liberal PC blizzard has eyes everywhere…this also happens in RBS, bgs as well. If you target the same player more than 5 times in a single match, you get flagged for harassment…ask me how I know…

I’ll be waiting for my ban from here

That’s not what they are saying. They are saying Reddit has had so many people straight up lie about why they were suspended (not banned) that the most up voted comment on that is actually calling that out.

1 Like

Must have also been faked when Blizzard ported those Alliance raids out of Zul’Dazar during WPvP a couple months ago. lol

4 Likes

WPvP is now “harassment”. I got banned from this board twice for calling someone a snowflake. They called that harassment. If something like that can be labeled harassment then I can believe that pretty much anything in WPvP can be labeled as such and get you a game vacation. WPvP is no longer worth the risk if you want to play the game. Me, I don’t care, I’m out in a few days when my sub is up. I won’t be back.

5 Likes

The same could be said for you, though, which is the point you’re missing. For all I know, you are the CSR that banned him on a personal account. I cannot trust you, so I’m going to trivialize everything you ever say.

Fact is, blindly assuming everything you see is a lie is an illogical way to live life. Have you watched/read anything about this topic beyond this thread?

If not, you don’t have an opinion, you’re merely throwing around random sentences.

2 Likes

There’s more to it than this. Come on people, let’s use our thinking caps.

Let’s take note of a few things here:

• We’ve already had blues make responses in these forums amounting to “PvP happened on a PvP server” or “War happened in war mode” when players cry about getting ganked. So it’s not just a matter of them ganking people

• Blizzard refused to intervene when a multi-boxer was camping in Drazar’alor ganking people in war mode. That was more disruptive and harassment than a simple zone-wide tour killing people in war mode.

Even the video in the redit post is nothing. Some key facts are missing:

1. Who is this player that is banned?
  2. Who filmed the stream? One stream doesn’t show the whole picture
  3. What happened to the other 4 people? Surely if he got banned for this, then the other four people did too because the GM who issued it would have seen them engage in the exact same behavior and nailed them too.

Point is, the ban may not even be related to the PvP activity in question. It could be that he did something against the Code of Conduct that he agreed to abide by, and reaffirmed that agreement on December 11th, then went on that gank-fest. And then a GM responded to the report and banned him.

12 Likes

I was suspended for harassment using the word ‘sissy’. I didn’t call anyone a sissy, I just used the word. Emotions are real in this day and age.

2 Likes