Player Interaction: Inns

Inns like you’ve made in The War Within are so beautiful! Look!

I’d love to have more events or reason to hangout in these inns. I think it would be really fun to talk with players in these inns. I think this is a cornerstone of MMO’s and fantasy - I mean what screams “D&D” more than meeting new people in an inn?

Here are a few ideas, but I think any few of these would be a massive success:

• Playable, collectable, minigames such as Hearthstone more properly built out and playable with NPCs or players in Inns.
  • Some sort of NPC AI where your battle pets will run to lay down by a fire or something.
  • Some sort of world buff available when in an inn, like a renown rested XP (fits lore-wise really well), increase success in cooking, or some unique overworld world buff gatherable whilst in an Inn.
  • “Happy-Hour”-esque type events where unique things are cheaper, or some sort of band plays or something!
  • Eating a meal at an Inn table with your raid group gives you food buff through death for 3hrs or something. (Renown unlock?)
  • x2 Rested XP if you buy & log off in an inn bedroom or something.

Overall I think stuff like the above would be really cool. Thanks!

8 Likes

Just wanted to add, with the Hallowfall Inn (pictured above) different sets of NPCs fill the place depending on time of day (? I think?) - and it’s really cool to see different sets of people in the Inn from one experience to the next.

I love that like stuff changes it makes the world feel a little more alive.

1 Like

I enjoy missions that bring players together in specific locations, even if just for a few moments. Recently, I considered creating a thread to ask members how important they think the social aspect is to the game experience, but I decided against it due to the low interaction in the forum threads and not knowing how interested some members would be in this topic. And yes, I was planning to cite other games and research to support my point of view.

2 Likes

Make the post. Make every post you have a strong desire to do so for.
Regardless if there is interaction or not.

We only hace a limited time to bring as much to light. Utilize your infinity gauntlet with impunity.

2 Likes