🏠 Player Housing Poll [RESULTS LIVE]

Only if the devs putvin things that don’t belong in player housing, like AH access or a transmog NPC. If you still need to go to a city for that stuff then cities will remain populated.

2 Likes

You mean the things that are already available on mounts and other means? The game just isn’t designed for it. We are transients, westfall homeless with better gear.

Very few people have the AH mount, not everyone has the Transmog mount even though it’s easy to get at this point, and most other stuff like that is limited to engineering items. People who are determined to use that stuff to avoid cities are already going to do that without housing, they’ll just go to their favorite zone instead. As long as housing didn’t add additional ways to accomplish these things nothing would change compared to how it is now.

3 Likes

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this subject. Players will always opt for the most convenient route even if it means being briefly inconvenienced to achieve the means to an end.

I don’t care either way about player housing tbh. I tried to take your poll but it did not have any choices I wanted to pick or a way to write in thoughts(Other) so I left.

2 Likes

As long as it’s implemented like in eso/Poe and not like SWTOR. I like decorating. Not just filling predesignates blank spots.

3 Likes

Thank you! As of right now there are 59 replies to the poll, do still a super small pool of feedback but better than I thought it would be.

Given almost every major mmo on the market currently has some form of player housing it is a little disappointing to see Shadowlands so feature light (though I understand that it is a titanic effort to change the game in such a way as they are).

The issue with implementing player housing is that Blizzard is incapable of extending their scope past one expansion. Even on basic things such as classes and abilities. Everything is to be a contained entity with no interaction with other timelines or parts.

Because of this, any value player housing or guild halls have at the start will be quickly diminished. Also, if implemented - Blizzard will have its shareholders agree that it should be monetized ruthlessly.

1 Like

Didn’t read any of it. Wanted to warn you polls are a violation of the forum CoC though.

Also, for what it is worth, we don’t need player housing.

1 Like

I’m indifferent to the whole player housing issue. If it comes into play, I’ll play with it a bit. If not, there will be other time sinks to bide my time. :grin:

Main thing I’d be worried about is the time gate, some type of resource expense and/or the RNG that would surely go into it. The boards would blow up for sure when people go a week for a realm reset on an item they keep getting over and over. Or an item that is an exorbitant expense in gold that goes away or becomes unavailable the next patch or expansion.

Careful what you wish for…

H

1 Like

i liked the garrison, and still used it in BfA. i made some bags, also water walking potion, as well as goblin gliders. garrisons were one of the few times that blizzard devs made something too good. people hated it because they liked it?

1 Like

Alright did the poll.

Would like to also add Guild Housing should be a thing, as SWTOR has that.

2 Likes

Holy cow, 71 responses so far and still over a week until the results post. Thank you for the interest whether you support housing or not!

1 Like

I’m hoping at some point we get player housing. The potential it can bring is immense as outlined in the OP. I think MoP would have been a great expansion to introduce housing, but oh well. I’d probably spend too much time in mine.

Edit:
Poll Q: Should player houses be shared between characters and account-wide?

This question have me pause. On one hand, I’d like to see all my characters on a faction in one place contributing to a home. But every character should have its own place. Maybe each server and faction, our alts would be visitors to each others homes and we could interact with them.

2 Likes

While I agree it feels like, from what they advertised at the announcement, that it feels feature light for some reason I do agree with the comment on housing during the Q&A.

Shadowlands isn’t really the best time to add housing considering it takes place in the Afterlife and it would be weird to see as a feature in an afterlife focused expansion.

My hope is that we will be getting a new world revamp expansion soon and that will be the perfect time to add in housing. At the very least, I feel it will be better introduced in an azeroth focused expansion.

I’m looking in the bright side, this year’s response was their normal “we have no plans at this time” response to it but instead stating that Shadowlands just isn’t the right place for it, something I kinda agree with to be honest.

5 Likes

I dabbled in runescape a little (think it was runescape @__@) and I had me a little house. I really enjoyed finding momentos from adventures and that people could come visit.

Housing could give us another secondary proff, more collecting options and a new way of displaying your achievements- all of which would equal more game time spent. Which in blizz-speak means more money.

I’ve been trying to think of ways our achievement system could be utilized and player housing might just work. Kill DW? Get a trophy to adorn your wall. Do some crazy cheeve? Display. We could choose what we want and how. Prefer pvp? A bloody counter on the wall beside a plaque with your rank on it.

As for where, I suppose there could be an npc in each main city, “selling land” and offering a menu for you to peruse, so you can visit other peoples housing. Cheapy houses, expensive houses, houses only top-end raiders can get- sure!

2 Likes

I agree, it wouldn’t fit the context of the coming story content. I secretly, perhaps to my detriment, hope that the expansion after will have some major content introductions. Of course its obvious which content I’d like to see most, but I also worry that Shadowlands may not have enough.

Hopefully more info when the beta arrives to assuage my fears. I love WoW, it means a lot to me as a game I started playing in 2004 as a high school sophomore. I want it to continue growing.

ROFL!!! Exactly!!!

When creating a survey it is best to avoid leading questions, as well as leading manifestos. That aside an ESO style instanced trophy room would work well in WoW.

4 Likes

What I think would be interesting is if they added gathering as part of the main profession.

Like if you choose alchemy, herbalism is part of that yet they could still add the quests to gain levels in herb as well as alchemy and that would make professions last the entire expac.

You couldn’t get bored unless you hated professions, exploring, flying and making gold.

Then for the secondary profession, you could choose lumberjack, carpentry, stuff like that to build stuff for your house or sell on the AH. Now that would be some gold right there.

2 Likes