Player Housing open letter

I do love the idea of Player Housing/Guild Housing. Collecting lucrative and hard to get items for my house in FFXIV was one of my favorite things to do. Same in ESO.

However, as much as I love those ideas… I personally don’t think Blizz is keen on the idea, nor should they be concerned about it when they are already struggling to get other important things they’re doing.

Blizz obviously knows about housing and how it is done in other games, especially considering its 2 biggest competitors both have Player Housing/Guild Housing. They haven’t made an effort to get into Housing previously, Garrisons weren’t “player housing”, and I don’t see a logical reason for them to try it now.

DAoC Housing was the best, individual Merchants who used to sell your items. Trophy’s to Decor your house. Unlocks from completing certain requirements. But then again a player based economy is better.

I would expand out all the professions for housing decor.

• Herbalism: Various potted plants, outdoor bushes, grasses, and trees
  • Skinning: Rugs and taxidermy
  • Alchemy: Transmutes of various items
  • Enchanting: Lighting and magic items like the moving books, pens, and etc
  • Engineering: Robotic theme furniture
  • Jewelcrafting: Lighting and your lux jewel covered items.
  • Leatherworking: Leather furniture
  • Cooking: Food items that can be placed
  • Fishing: Trophy fish to be hung up and interesting junk. You may fishing up Naga themed items.

So many things and you could make them use all the profession items not just what is current.

4 Likes

Theyre a business not a money tree

How would they afford the labor? They will invest in what the majority wants and is doable with the resources they have to maintain a return

Ions guild has been the major investment not what the majority wants

Yea im sure ions guild is doing delves

Well maybe im wrong, last i checked subs show that Final Fantasy has passed WoW, but hey keep going in the same direction lol

I did, I talked to my friend Holly, and we medically smoked about it, and we have no idea what you are talking about. She’s also confused how you know her as am I.

I mean whats your source? Wow doesnt post sub numbers anymore iirc.

Otherwise youre making it up lol

Imagine all the ingame sales Blizzard could do for housing, but no, lost revnue for Blizz.

Sorry, I’m just riffing off what you said.

games pretty dead compared to what it used to be and i playted FF recently , the community reminded me of what classic was, I don’t need much more then that. I wish it wern’t the case but its true. I want WoW to succed but other then Legion we havent had a good expansion under Ion

IGN has an article from May putting it at around 7.25 million subs currently.

Oh, the in game sales would be insane. I would buy Garrosh’s chair. That big bed in from the Den of Delights…yes please. I would complain about it but I would buy it in the end.

3 Likes

Based on?

Conjecture, not facts

You could be right, or your data is being skewed by something /shrug

IDK, I’m not google, look it up… It was just me remembering something to add to the conversation.

I felt really bad for horde back in WoD. I mean, frostfire ridge or whatever it was called was a cool looking zone, but your garrison missed a huge opportunity to be this super cozy winter escape with roaring fires and mead halls and what have you.

3 Likes

Rofl thats not how that works. You dont bring in info then say idk you research it. But oh well

Player housing would have been great back when people were NICE, now days I would expect to get invited over to someone’s torture dungeon.

DOUBLE SIGNED!!

LET’S MAKE PLAYER HOUSING HAPPEN BLIZZARD.

-Clasm

1 Like

I would love to have my own dps/healing test dummies at my house. I loved my garrison because of that.