Player Housing open letter

Here’s my take:

• Make a new zone via a portal (you can hearth to your house after quests)
  • Reverse auction lots for sale.
  • Have various styles of house (basic, uncommon, rare, epic) for sale
  • Have a new crafter for making items to put in houses
  • Herbalists could sell outdoor things like plants, bushes (shrubberies!), trees
  • other crafter for gazebos, etc
  • Outdoor markets & / or rp areas in the center of various ‘zones’ around housing settlements in the housing zone

More ideas can be added later on and expanded.
Edit - If you don’t want one, you don’t have to buy one, it hurts no one but brings a lot to the game.

1 Like

ESO has a lot of available player houses.

the Only use i have for them is for free teleports to different parts of the world.

Oh, and to hang my mounts upsidedown on the ceilings.

2 Likes

Mythic content is requested by a very vocal minority.

:crazy_face:

If there is place for niche content that is mythic, then there must also be a place for other niche content.

:frog:

2 Likes

Mythic’s been in the game since vanilla, though, it’s the original raid difficulty. Big difference between that and asking for whole new systems to be implemented, especially when redundant with what’s already in the game.

Mythic Raiding is tiny compared to M+ community. That is why BlizZard has moved away from balancing the game around Mythic raiding and around M+. This is also why a lot of class changes tend to find the mold of M+ far more than raiding lately.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

yeah, thats not going to happen. I mean, I use my garrison daily when Im playing. Im content with it as a home base. AH. transmog. anvil, forge, etc.
id likely use it more than housing anyway, but Id certainly go farm the stuff for housing if they did it right.
more time /played regardless of the naysaying attentionseekers claiming otherwise.

1 Like

Because Mythic raiding is challenging (which is the point) and M+ is on par with Candyland but gives top-end gear, yes.

Of course it is challenging but at the end of the day BlizZard balances around M+.

M+ has wider appeal and should would player housing.

It does not, people only do it for the welfare gear. If they made M+ rewards like PvP gear, and only work in M+, you’d see how “popular” M+ really is (it’s not).

M+ might be popular with the people chasing epeen score, but their numbers are even smaller than Mythic raiding.

yup. I got 14 maybe…spread all over the map…for that very purpose. Small single rooms to huge mansions.

eh…not really an argument.
We dont need pets.
or transmog
or mounts…really
or dungeons.
or raiding
or M+
or world of warcraft…at all.

its not about need.
its about entertainment.
And that is a SUBJECTIVE topic.
Making $$$, however, is OBJECTIVE. Blizzard likes our money. Blizzard likes /played statistics.
one way to keep many of us playing is to have more to farm.

Myself, for instance, Im literally out of mogs to farm. I only farm the ones I like.
Of all four armor types, Ive farmed everything I want.
Even if TWW has more mogs, theres only gonna be certain things I want…and they wont take a life time to get…and IF they did, Id lose interest and take them off the Wanted List.

Add housing with lots to find for it, now Im busy for the next 4 years again.

5 Likes

Gear drives a lot of motivation in WoW for wider appeal. That is what would drive player housing which is furniture and ways to customize. The difference is there is greater replay value which is closer to transmog.

Mythic content is played by way more people than request housing.

Not even close because they aren’t even comparable. Apples to oranges.

Mythic is group content which is what this game has always focused on.

Adding another difficulty level to already made content isn’t the same as adding a whole new feature.

A mansion would be really cool, could even have like a “trophy” hall with slain creatures and beast parts, a armoury with mannequins and gear or mogs on them, and maybe a goblin servant or something that gives some free meals everyday and delivers your letters and opens your bank and stuff

Would be really epic

4 Likes

I fully support housing.

The game should cater to it’s player base, not only a portion of it. That’s part of our problem, we only ever push and want what WE want instead of acknowledging that other players having things they enjoy is a good thing for the game over all.

5 Likes

Yea if content is limited by dev time i want max throttle on them working on what i like. If there was unlimited time sure, something for everyone, but otherwise i guess im not that nice.

I dont understand housing. You want to sit in an instanced house with furniture. Why cant just sit in town.

Its legit the same thing.

Id rather have content my character can do.

You could argue grinding out your furniture is playing your character but ew to that content. Id rather armor and weapon mogs.

1 Like

This post brought to you by Chat GPT…

1 Like

Are you an RPer?
If you aren’t, then you wouldn’t understand. Just like RPers don’t understand why we like flinging ourselves at hard bosses that make us rage.

Player housing 100% would be for the RP community and they deserve to have it.

1 Like

Why not both though? I am sure Blizzard could handle it.

5 Likes

Another one of these? I asked for Chat GPT to help me post a counter to this suggestion because I’m lazy and its old hat.

Player housing, as seen in games like The Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV, and others, often serves specific purposes within those worlds. However, in the context of Azeroth, there are several reasons why it could potentially detract from the overall experience:

1. Dilution of Social Hubs: World of Warcraft thrives on social interaction, particularly in cities and faction capitals. Introducing player housing might disperse players across various locations, reducing the vibrant social atmosphere that is integral to the game’s identity.
  2. Technical Challenges: Implementing player housing can be technically demanding. It requires robust systems to manage instancing, customization, and integration with existing game mechanics. Given the scale and complexity of WoW, this could pose significant challenges and potentially strain server performance.
  3. Potential for Inequality: Player housing often introduces disparities among players based on wealth or gameplay achievements. In a game like WoW, where progression and achievement are central, this could exacerbate feelings of inequality or create additional pressure to acquire in-game wealth.
  4. Development Priorities: Introducing player housing would require substantial development resources. This raises the question of whether those resources might be better allocated to other features or content updates that have broader appeal or greater impact on gameplay.
  5. Narrative and Lore Considerations: Azeroth is rich with lore, and every addition to the game should complement the existing storylines. Player housing would need to be seamlessly integrated into the narrative without disrupting the established lore or immersion that WoW players cherish.

Looking at other MMORPGs that have implemented player housing, while successful in some cases, it hasn’t always been universally praised or seamlessly integrated. It often comes with its own set of challenges and considerations that might not align with the unique dynamics and player expectations of World of Warcraft.

Instead of player housing, perhaps exploring other forms of player customization or community-focused features could better enhance the World of Warcraft experience. Events, guild halls, or even personalized mounts or pets could provide avenues for expression without the potential drawbacks of player housing.

In conclusion, while player housing works in certain games, its implementation in World of Warcraft might not align with the game’s core strengths and could introduce complexities that may not enhance the overall player experience. As a dedicated player who values the rich social environment and immersive world of Azeroth, I believe our development efforts should continue to focus on areas that strengthen these aspects.

Thank you for considering my perspective on this matter. I look forward to seeing how World of Warcraft evolves in the future.

Warm regards,

Sumwun… else.

If other successful MMOs like FFXIV can handle it, I’m sure Blizz could too. Even if it isn’t as elaborate.