Player Character Skins Not Displaying

For some reason the player character skins are not displaying, all skin and hair except for faces show as blacked out, eyes are not showing either. I have updated my graphics drivers on my ATI Radeon R9 380 Series, removed all addons, and removed and reinstalled the game and nothing has fixed the issue. I’ve run out of things to try, any suggestions?

Hey there,

Blacked out or missing textures in-game suggests a loading issue. This could be anywhere from a storage device, windows api, or graphcis drivers. Heck, it could even be addons! Though reinstalling should normally fix addon problems, unless an addon manager (twitch, tukui, or similar) auto added them back :open_mouth:

One thing to try is a more thorough uninstall process using Display Driver Uninstaller software for the graphics drivers before doing a clean install. This can help undo any corrupted settings or driver files.

On a Windows level doing a System File Checker, Restarting the computer, then Checking for Windows updates is a good idea.

Hope the info helps. Let us know how things go!

1 Like

I tried what you recommended and no change. It’s only ever happened on the PTR client, so it must be an issue with the 9.0 build of the game. Hopefully the team gets that build fixed before its launch.

Make sure to also post on the PTR Forums. Thanks for letting us know!

I don’t have the ability to create a post or to reply to one on the PTR forums, so I must leave the responsibility of notifying the developers into your capable hands.