Playable Dwarves

Hello,

Do we know if Blizzard has firmly established that all playable Dwarf characters (non-Dark Iron) are Bronzebeard? I’m thinking of rolling a Dwarf shaman (again, non-Dark Iron) and potentially delve into RP as a Wildhammer Gryphon Rider, but I don’t want to feel like I’m breaking any lore or RP “do’s and don’ts”.

Is what I have in mind considered acceptable? Or am I to assume that Dwarf Shaman toons are canonically Bronzebeards who were simply trained by Wildhammer?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t think that’d be too unbelievable that your dwarf is just straight-up a Wildhammer. You probably aren’t the first nor the last to deviate from the Bronzebeard dwarves for your character, especially since it’d be a lil silly to just ignore the other clans existences :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think it’s more believable with the right outfit that makes it iconic of the Wildhammer clan.

2 Likes

Orc allied race is like every clan
Dark Iron is one clan

Ion: “look man I got profit margins to reach, just buy the damn pig mount”

5 Likes

I think it’s fine. The Wildhammers are officially united and part of the Alliance and have been since Cataclysm. Their original homes are in the Hinterlands and Highlands, but others have moved to Ironforge or Stormwind. Their people are well mixed in with the rest of the Alliance.

Canon wise, they might be Bronzebeard. But it’s not a stretch at all to say you’re a Wildhammer.

3 Likes

Officially playable Dwarves are canonically Bronzebeard, the Heritage Armor questline removed any doubt of that, but if you want to RP a Wildhammer Dwarf, then I say go for it.

3 Likes

If it helps, there’s a chest item “mail dragonriders harness” or something that gives your character a green tattoo. It drops from island expeditions but Iv only seem it go for 50k+ on the AH.

It would definitely help with a wild hammer RP outfit.

1 Like

Closed minded people are the only ones that gripe about that kind of thing. You can rp anything as long as you don’t godmod or marrysue or anything like that. Heck, there’ll probably be people that let you go with a marrysue character anyway, depends who you play with. But yeah, even though lorewise the “Dwarf” option is meant to be Bronzebeard, you can go with Wildhammer no issue. If you want you can even go for a Frostborn or an Earthen even. maybe even a trogg. It’s all up to you.

1 Like

I always wondered what rpers would think of someone parodying the concept of mary sues. Like they go around narrating the actions of others and how everyone loves them and everyone just think they’re insane.

I’m sure there’s cases of that somewhere. The community can be pretty creative and funny like that.