Platinum Coins

Oh noes! Someone has 1,000,000 gold! I’m so scared of it. And then I have to level a GIANT 120 levels???!!! That is crazy!!!

1 Like

How about once people have more than 1,000,000 gold, they get taxed gold every week and that gold is distributed to anyone with less than 100g.

That way we don’t have to worry about Platinum Coins, they can stop introducing gold sinks, and people without gold don’t have to worry about being poor.

Boom.

This request is posted at least once per year, on the forums.

Because, unlike EQ, coins have no weight. So there is no point in having a platinum coin.

1 Like

Hey. They squished our ilvl. Musta thought it was worth it for that…

I say they just convert it to all copper coins. Instead of 100 gold for a world quest, you’d get 1 million copper!

1 Like

Ion said they’re already overhauling the AH code, which is personally responsible for limiting server size.

I vote for plastic… just put everything on credit and allow characters to file for bankruptcy.

1 Like

I forgot about the coin weight thing. That coupled with memories of being chased all the way across a zone yelling incoming train made me almost throw up.

The game actually tracks things with copper and the UI translates that to gold and silver. Due to this, you can probably create an addon that handles platinum coins for you.

1 Like

They did a way with that years ago in case you didn’t know. I found that out after I returned a while back.