Planning Free Character Transfers for Season of Mastery Realms

This is a good plan!

1 Like

I strongly feel that the PvP realm destination for server transfers should be Barman Shanker. There’s a decent economy and a number of solid raiding guilds on the server, even on the Horde side. This arrangement would offer a much better balance of server population between Jom and those looking for an alternative to it.

I think the long-term SoM player base can definitely sustain two PvP servers and layering everyone on one server will significantly harm the game’s sense of community. Don’t get me wrong, I think the idea of opening free character transfers (regardless of destination) will help to improve the gameplay experience for many, but a lot of people would prefer to play on a realm with reasonable player saturation over a massive singular hub.

10 Likes

KEEP BARMAN ALIVE!! We have a great community here. A lot of people would be really upset if we were forced into Jom. :green_heart:

12 Likes

thank you blizzard this is the right choice. Barman is dead on horde side, no groups, no one in the open world, dead auction house. Looking forward to moving to Jom!

2 Likes

after some forum digging I’ve discovered there’s two types of people: The Megaserver Andy’s and the Anti-Megaserver Chads

3 Likes

what about my horde alts as an alliance on jom gabbar??? i just cant play horde now? a big enough horde population wont transfer and this will completely kill horde plz dont this is bad

1 Like

Yea total noob incapable of doing anything more than using dungeon finder. Go back to retail @yeahright

1 Like

Jom is not toxic? Where does this idea come from? High pop = toxic?

:pray: As previously stated in the thread, Vive la Barman

11 Likes

the vocal minority is very loud today!

Vive??? :blush:

2 Likes

Barman is the most balanced server. Free xfers to Jom is such an out of touch idea.

Even if it was paid transfers from jom to barman, more would pay to come to barman, rather than free xfer off this server.

Without a doubt barman will be the healthiest server, given xfer options.

10 Likes

Dink donk?

5 Likes

Exactly. Using all population numbers from Ironforge.pro, but if all other small PvP servers were to “merge” with Barman Shanker, it would result in a 95% increase in population for the server. Almost double.

3 Likes

If another opinion counts, I also think that transfers to Barman Shanker would be a good idea. And to those on Barman, stay and stay strong, you probably won’t like Jom.

9 Likes

More randoms feeling behind sent to the mega lag layer server to buy gold and go to gdkps to catch up. Death of the only balanced pvp server (with many guilds just needing some fresh blood to be ready for P2) that could have absorbed transfers well. Just another decision showing how out of touch management is with the game. Do they even play it?

3 Likes

Transfers to Barman, not to Jom, we have people here who came from Jom, don’t make them go back…

13 Likes

Jom is the right call. All of these Barman stans who pinged discord to flood the thread are fools. I don’t want to play with the 377 alliance raiders and 168 horde on Barman, already dead server and dwindling (check Ironforge pro for confirmation).

Stick to JOM, thanks.

4 Likes

Hey guys, go to barman shanker and ask for transfers in 3 months when that server dies! Way better for the community!

5 Likes

Why? Barman is trash

2 Likes