Planning Free Character Transfers for Season of Mastery Realms

Long live Barman Shanker!

19 Likes

This 1000%

Jom isnt even that big. we need all these numbers for SoM to even survive to naxx

5 Likes

Downvote option please.

Viva la Barman!

8 Likes

+1 for xfer to barman or jom

3 Likes

by far best option, jom already suffering from overcrowding, needing layers, barman has a healthy balance and would be perfect for transfers

10 Likes

I would prefer if Jom people would come to Barman, but since that likely won’t happen, aggregating all the players on Jom seems like the most reasonable option. +1

7 Likes

horde jom wanting to go pve. that makes sense. There is PLENTY of pop, barman shanker is the only balanced pvp server and is healthy. this will kill it

7 Likes

Barman shanker actually has some semblance of balance. Should allow the smaller pop servers to merge into us to allow 2 larger severs not just one server.

13 Likes

My main had wrong toon selected.

2 Likes

This kills the Barman Shanker. Allow Jom, and all of the rest of the PvP realms to transfer to Barman Shanker.

17 Likes

Great news! Thank you!

1 Like

Why would anyone want to leave Barman?? 1 way transfer would kill the SOM for so many!

10 Likes

I think people are overestimating the impact of a transfer like this. I’m from swamp of sorrows and we have approximately 30 concurrent players (at least on horde side). You guys are catastrophizing as if a massive hoard of players are coming when in reality it is a handful of refugees from absolutely dead servers

6 Likes

Please allow paid transfer then to barman. if we aren’t allowed to get free ones. I have no interest in playing on a mega server.

13 Likes

I believe your goal here is two mega servers per game type. Imo this is how all Classic products should be approached in the future, but with MUCH more rigid and strict layers + preassignments to layers to act as “home” layers that your client always attempts to return to.

Instead do it in two stages to see how it pans out. First stage, the one we’re talking about now, make Barman the destination server and don’t allow transfers FROM or TO Jom Gabbar.

If the end result is not 3 healthy servers, then move on to stage 2 and try the Barman + remnants to Jom Gabbar strategy.

At the end, de-name inactive characters on dead servers, transfer them to the dominant server, and then close the unused servers.

It’s time to be more dominant with your population management.

8 Likes

Barman absolutely needs to be an option to recieve transfers. You can’t just funnel everyone into Jom.

16 Likes

It’s not like we think its a massive wave. Quite the opposite. We understand that we are talking about a small number of drifters. But as this post’s thread pretty clearly show’s, Barman Shanker has a very happy community simply looking for more people. Doesn’t seem like a bad thing to funnel the refugees there and pump up a happy server looking for new faces.

11 Likes

Seems like a good plan. Does not affect me since all of my existing characters are on Jom Gabbar and Shadowstrike already. I gave up on the other servers long ago.

1 Like

So the people who wanna get off Jom Gabbar can’t even do that cool

7 Likes

Not sure who you listened to hear, but it wasn’t anyone on Barman. I left a decked out shaman on Jom to rot to avoid this, if this hapens, it’s another sub you can count on losing. Not that it would matter.

12 Likes