Pixar's New Movie about Void Elves

I would love to take my son but he’s gone feral​:japanese_ogre::hocho::skull_and_crossbones:

He’s almost 3 and filled his terrible two bar all the up so he could use the transformation super power.

He literally tried to claw my eye out over a cookie yesterday😨

1 Like

Ugh. Another edgy, 3d animated, upper middle class, monster people flick for kids and “the whole family” with subpar, overused Sandler league “jokes”, along with cliched situations.

Total cringe.

1 Like

Fellow writer, HUZZAH!

I write science fiction, fantasy, and cyber-punk. My current (ridiculously ambitious) novel project is a cyber-punk/fantasy. Cyber punk for the real world and fantasy for the digital world. Basically think WoW meets Mr. Robot meets Ready Player One, where mana from the digital world actually leaks into the real world, causing all sorts of problems.

1 Like

Ohhh I love that! It’d be an era past my modern folks :smiley: wow that’s creative as Heck! My mana is a physical source like water and needs to be restored (yes there’s vending machines).

That’s extremely creative. I LOVE the idea of either book or game leaks into the real world. Especially since each one literally does create a new world.

1 Like

I like your vending machine idea as well. Blending something we take for granted with something completely fantastical. That’s awesome.

Glad you love the idea. I’ve been inspired mostly by MMORPGs (Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, and of course WoW) so I have that resource material to draw upon. Anime like .hack series and games, Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, and many more have also inspired me. Then of course Ready Player One and more recently Eden’s Gate (LitRPG) series of books.

I came to the realization that the folks who began with MUDs, Meridian59, and even UO are starting to get older. Eventually everyone will forget the legends like Rainz the thief in UO, who killed Richard Garriott’s Lord British avatar as he was being re-crowned, lead the Pantsless Rebellion to take over a town for 3 days straight, and griefed many a non-godmode enabled GM (to the point where he was eventually banned from the game). Then there’s Stynkfyst, the Iksar (lizard people) Monk from EverQuest who rallied up the Rallos Zek (PvP) server’s most powerful guilds together to take down Kerafyrm the Sleeper, a dragon with millions of HP who was supposed to be (and designed to be) invinicible.

The stories are buried on the internet, but hardly anyone knows who they were. But with the age of YouTube came Leeroy Jenkins (staged or not), but he’s remembered for his hilarious comedy. Which is fine, I suppose. But what of the Legends. And what of my friends, who joined me in my epic adventures once upon a time? I hope to immortalize as many as I can in my story. And quite fittingly, I’m calling it Legends.

1 Like

A movie about pandaren lore, that would be so cool! :heart_eyes:

There’s a whole series! It’s called Kung Fu Panda :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tiger and snake monk fighters, maybe my lore is a bit hazy but…

… What?

Perfectly befitting for alliance players. :joy:

Where do you write? I am only on wattpad so. I haven’t actually tried publishing yet. Someday I’ll be a real published writer I hope :stuck_out_tongue: Do these forums have a place to share our work like this or would it be considered advertising? I guess an “off topic” writer’s thread might be cool. Heck people could share their character stories too and get writing advice.

1 Like

Currently my work remains on my computer as a Word document. I haven’t used wattpad or any other sites but I am hoping to find an agent and become traditionally published. That may change, but eventually I’ll be looking for beta readers. I may wind up posting it on wattpad, depending upon how things go with my future agent and publisher. I do belong to several writer’s groups on Facebook currently.

The World’s End Tavern forum seems to be a safe place to post that is acceptable by Blizzard:

1 Like

Oh ok cool. Though that seems roleplay and WoW related, not lore created by players. Still, I’ll do a look see and make a thread if I won’t get in trouble.

That’s a good idea! I’m doing that writer thing but networking on Twitter.

Oof sorry for going off topic everyone.

1 Like

I believe that’s called digimon.

Not as familiar with the story as that was a little after my adolescence. My only memory of Digimon was the original “Tamagotchi” like handheld device titled Digital Monster which I received back in 1997, just prior to entering highschool in '99. What similarities are you referring to if I might ask?

Can confirm I have a cameo in this movie.

Hey I wouldn’t worry about that. Every single story has a similarity to something. It’s about how you write it and add your own unique style that’s important. No matter what you write you’ll be compared to something. In some cases it can be endearing. Look at WoW, it is taking themes from DnD and adding its own stuff.

1 Like

Naw, I was merely curious. Even something like Digimon might bear some fruit to inspire something in my story.

1 Like

cringe-tastic

I found a good spot to post ^^

1 Like