Pirate, Cowboy, or Samurai?

I thought they just wore a trenchcoat and fedora hat?

1 Like

Is Yosemite Sam considered a cowboy or just a gunslinger?

Pirates were rewarded and even given titles by the British Empireā€¦ not sure what youā€™re on to.

2 Likes

You just unlocked an old memory for me. Pirates vs Ninjas used to be this huge thing back in middle school. I even did a cross stitch of it in home ec :rofl:

1 Like

An alternative would be ā€œDinosaurs or Robots?ā€

Cowboy is the only one that even gets a real weapon.

Cowboy would have the most advanced firearms of the three, and therefore the biggest advantage. Also a horse and a neat hat.

2 Likes

Whatever violence may (or may not, I really donā€™t know) have been common in the culture, at least it isnā€™t necessarily a part of the cowboy job description.

Cowboys are seldom even the focus of Westerns. If anything the bad guys are usually the cowboys. Unruly men that fall into gangs when theyā€™re not driving a herd.

The main characters are typically Lawmen like Wyatt Earp or Gamblers/Drifters like Doc Holiday or the nameless character Clint Eastwood played.

1 Like

Neither. Not really into any of them, except in movies for entertainment.

1 Like

Samurai were held by strict codes of honor, and were bound to serve the local sovereign. They were in practice not warriors, but tax collectors. If they screwed up badly, there was no second chance, you were expected to gut yourself in shame. Not optimal.

Cowboys lived long, arduous days on the ranch. There was little time for adventure with tending to all the livestock. They did have time for leisure once in a while, and got to enjoy community events like dances and whatnot. A hard, but fulfilling life.

Pirates had the most freedom, though there was a very high chance for a violent death. Aside from the mundane realities of living on a ship, there was excitement to be had. But there was often persisting health problems with little options for treatment (you donā€™t wanna know how Blackbeard treated his syphilis). So lots of freedom and adventure, but lots of danger.

Iā€™d pick pirate, myself. The High Seas call!

Anyone here a fan of Zatoichi? Shintaro Katsuā€™s portrayal specifically. Heā€™s a swordsman, not specifically a samurai. And I wouldnā€™t want to be him, because the character is usually blind (except when heā€™s not).

I just think more people should watch those movies.

Chaos Warrior.

There is no other better choice.

What?

I guess you googled different for cowboy. Sources I search agree with the other poster it came out of a Spanish term from Mexico.

Another source even states cowboy was referenced in Ireland to 1000 AD , the term was literally a boy who tended to cows.

1 Like

Can we get better options?

The answer remains tho:

1 Pirate - fodder.
Pirate army - a wave of unstoppable chaos, mayhem and destruction.

1 Ninja - Immortal deadly weapon.
Ninja Army - fodder.

Pirate > Samurai > > > > > Cowboy.

Think Arms warrior is as close to Samurai as we get. Outlaw rogue is as close to Pirate. And Maybe MM Hunter for cowboy? but meh.

I been a cow boy all my wow life teehee

1 Like

That entirely depends on your strict definition of Pirate.

If you are exclusively talking about the 18th century Black Beard type then, you could have an argument about the flintlock not being as good as the cowboyā€™s revolver. But I think the modern Somali pirate with their AK47s and rocket launchers might like to have a word with you.