Ping, Latency, Disconnected since 9.2.5 - It's the game, not our ISP

99 times out of 100, when it comes to online gaming issues like this, it turns out to be a routing issue. Like Kneanderthal said, ISPs will almost always tell you nothing is wrong on their end.

I’ve been through this same problem with Spectrum in the past and it took the greater portion of a year for them to fix their routing. My internet would seem fine for almost every other task other than online gaming where I’d get frequent packet loss, ping spikes and jitter.

ISPs are super cheap about wanting to pay premiums for better priority on the backbones. Also, ISPs hate online gaming traffic because they are low bandwidth, but have high packet rates, which eat up resources.

2 Likes

:100: I had to fight with Spectrum for 4 months to repair a neighborhood hub.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. We once had a bad line down our street that was killing the signal to noise ratio for around the same amount of time as well. It would come and go as it got hotter or colder out during the day. Turned out it was a bad connector or booster(<$20 fix). It took almost everyone on our street threatening to drop them for them to come out and fix it lol…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.