Ping, Latency, Disconnected since 9.2.5 - It's the game, not our ISP

My point exactly, not sure why it was so hard to understand. Posting “actionable data” is like a placebo for newer gamers. They think something will get fixed. the reality is, things only get fixed when enough people complain, not when actionable data is posted on forums.

As an update to my problem, it got a lot better after the last downtime, just one or two per hour instead of like 10. Then after today’s down time I haven’t had a single disconnect. All that without having to post “actionable data”. Imagine that.

1 Like

Posting actionable data is the means to which we can determine what might need to be done to fix the issue…even if that is for the person to contact their ISP due to it being an issue that the ISP would have to fix.

3 Likes

The “actionable data” reply is not as reasonable as it seems. While it is reasonable for one person having a problem, the situation is completely different when a lot of people are having the same problem. But Blizzards default answer is always “its your ISP” and that stays their answer until enough people complain. Maybe.

3 Likes

Yeah there are cases on the west and east coast. I use xfinity and have this issue. My isp literally came to my house checked everything and said its not their end. So hopefully blizzard recognizes this more seriously

1 Like

There are other isps that your local provider uses to get from there network to the next If there is a problem when it leaves their network then they need to be the one you inform of the issue so that they can get it looked at and fixed. If it not on their network, then they need to reach out and see why the next hop that they use is having an issue and is not working properly. Blizzard does not handle nor use alot of the different isps between you and them

1 Like

It’s not. The data is collected to examine patterns. In severe cases, Blizzard has reached out to notify an ISP of a problem. That said, Blizz has no governing force on ISPs or their routing peers, so sometimes it’s up to you (the customer) to motivate them with your dollars for a fix.

The WinMTR helps make the issue easier to track down.

2 Likes

I admit to not understanding how much of this works. To remedy that, could someone comment on just how much of the total path from my computer to the blizzard servers are under control of one’s ISP? I sort of just assumed that once my local ISP office picks up data from my computer, its routes it through some (imagined?) common network. In my case, I live in Illinois, and the server I play on is the West Coast. I have no idea who all is involved in that long journey.

Every ISP is different, but usually, they control the first 3–5 hops, then their routing peer takes over (they pay the routing peer), then Blizzard’s routing peer, then the game server. If you add a WinMTR I can likely tell you all the companies involved.

well i have got in touch with my ISP provider i have high speed net, zero issue with me and my ISP, i have tweak my network setting, i have clean everything out, and still having lag issue with a huge spike that come and go, router download 944 upload 914, device download 1302 upload 973 so only mean it blizzard server have issue or something between wow server and ISP

Then post a WinMTR ran for 5 to 10 minutes during which time you experience the disconnects so that we can help you determine where the issue might lie. Just to note, if it is anywhere along the path to Blizzards servers, then it is your ISPs issue as they are the ones contracted with their peering partners to give you a clean path to sites.

1 Like

maybe you are not understanding what am saying, i have zero issue with my ISP zero, ran test talk to ISP people is tired posting WinMTR and still zero repair, spike happens when ever, does not happen on a time limit, it happens doing raids, dungeons, even world, perfect example yesterday was my first time i suffer a disconnect doing a raid and could not get in i trying signing in three time until finally i got in

Well, if you wont post the information requested, then you don’t want help. You have a total of 2 posts now so have NOT posted a WinMTR at all. Without it, we cannot tell you where to look for assistance. Good luck.

how many thousands of people have posted there WINMTR including myself and zero fix how many ??? facts how many, i can see maybe two or three having the issue but look how many people are complaining about the same thing and everyone is not located in the same area or zone so explain that one

Anywhere along the route it takes to get to the end could be the problem The WINMTR will get a lot closer to pinpointing the problem then just Guessing as to where it is.
Why is everyone afraid to post a winmtr?

1 Like

for one it has personal info for one two i have been with this ISP long that you can breath, three blizzard has been having this issue with lag back from ice crown and all even making more server has not cure the issue with lag and people still having issue with lag as we speak people has posted more winMTR and the problem still is happening so it does not take a bill gate to add one is one is two, you want WinMTR look at all your history post

But you have NOT posted a WinMTR. If you are worried about personal information, then edit out the first and possibly 2nd IP it shows, but not the information following the IPs.

As for your other thoughts, the WinMTRs have normally been showing issues on the ISPs side and that is NOT something that Blizzard can address as it is up to your ISP to keep the route clear and open. Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard does not own the internet.

1 Like

ok maybe i might have to speak in a different language how many time do i need to post my WINMTR to get the same response which is nothing, i have post three in the past with zero fix

If you post it we might be able to give you an answer. But without seeing one we have no clue where to start. Where have you posted them and on what toon?

once again maybe nothing i have posted three time and i got squash on fix, what i got try this try that and still the same issue and not only me but thousands of other having the same issue and to top thing off not all are in the same area or zone, other games i have zero issue but wow, and yes i do understand that a good percent of the USA don’t have fiber optic, but before fiber it was not that bad at all as well

I had the same issue myself. It turned out it was my ISP and a routing issue with them. I spent 3 months fighting with them. It happened again and I posted in a thread about my ISP which others contributed to so we got it fixed within a week or two.

I get the frustration but you are fighting with the wrong people. All ISP’s will tell you nothing is wrong on their end, I fought with mine for 3 months before I got results. The people here are just trying to figure out the route your ISP is taking to get to the blizzard servers and determine if there is packet loss along the way. If you want Blizzard to help you then put in a ticket and have them help you that way. Otherwise, post the information requested so we can have a look-see.

2 Likes