Pick my starting area and class for my next character

Doing something new (sort of). I’m not new to leveling in classic, but this time I decided to take it really slow and pay attention to the quest text and such. So I need a few things picked.

1 - Class
2 - Starter Area

Either faction is fine, race will be whatever I want it depending on the classes picked, if it doesn’t line up with the starter area I’ll just run them over there before starting.

1 - Hunter
2 - Durotar

:woman_shrugging:

Too easy…

Tauren Druid

Mulgore

Warrior

Teldra

Mulgore is a great starting area. idk what you mean by “too easy,” but just seems like a rude jab at someone else’s suggestion.

More of a light hearted suggestion.

Well, I like Mulgore. I think it’s a fine suggestion, and I also like druids, so…

Of course, if you wanted something a little more “challenging” then maybe:

1 - Shaman
2 - Tirisfal Glades

But that’s only “challenging” because you’d have to travel to the starting area. lol

As repulsive as I find Alliance to be, I’d say night elves have the best starting zone. So go with that IMO.

For the true vanilla experience you should make a night elf hunter named Legolas.

1 Like

Dear ChatGPT, give me a random WoW classic race and class.

How about a Tauren Shaman? With their connection to nature and the elements, Tauren Shamans bring a powerful blend of strength and spiritual prowess to Azeroth’s battlefields.

The implied starter area being Mulgore.

This is like LMGTFY except 20 years later :slight_smile:

Alright it’s between Mulgore and Teldrassil, guess I’ll think of which faction I want to play and start when my ban ends.

Step 1: Uninstall
Step 2 Starting Area: Walmart job interview
Step 3 Class selection: Meat market clerk
Step 4 equipment: Sword and Shield
Step 5: Get fired for screaming “FOR THE ALLIANCE” in the freezer
Step 6: Repeat but at a different super center

Does this imply that Walmart managers play Horde?

The Night Elf path is pretty good if you want to go off the beaten path a bit, and see some quest chains that are not so commonly done. Darkshore is pretty good for starting out gathering professions, too. Furbolg quest starts at 24 in Ashenvale, iirc.

Shadowmeld isn’t generally considered a great ability, but I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of it over the years, especially on PvP servers.

Warrior in vanilla/classic is one of the slower levelers (unless you’re a tank spamming dungeons), but I really like how warriors play in classic. My other 60 is a mage, and they felt way different to level, but I liked both.

Yep, if my own personal experience with my walmart counts… Yes… Damn tauren ingame and real life too >,>