Physical Damage reduction needs help

We get blasted by anything that is physical damage. Theres actually a good amount of physical damage in the dungeons this time around, some bleed DoTs that are insane, channels like Burrow that can’t be interrupted in alter of fangs, etc. Every time I look at damage taken at the end of a dungeon, the difference in how much physical damage i’ve taken compared to any other spec in my group is pretty wild and none of what I’m talking about is avoidable damage.

This is the case in PvP too. Shaman just gets trained by any physical dps in the lobby. Warrior/WW monk/Rogue/Feral/Havoc and even DKs despite not being fully physical just run at the shaman whether its ele or enhance because we have no real physical DR and our mobility is pretty poor in PvP meaning we are easy to stay on top of and take mostly unmitigated physical damage outside of Astral Shift.

Please give something in this direction. Maybe update Refreshing Waters in the class tree to give x% physical damage reduction for x seconds when Healing Surge (Healing Wave for rsham) is cast on yourself.

Or maybe think about updating the class tree in general. Every single CC and defensive ability has to be talented, we get nothing baseline aside from Ankh which doesn’t work in PvP and is not really a defensive in PvE either as it requires you to die to get value, Spirit of Redemption is 100x better.

1 Like

If nothing else, Enhancement needs a baseline Armor bonus to bring it on par with plate just to survive being a melee in solo content we don’t outgear.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be as bad in pvp if at least we couldn’t oom. Our mana regen is horrendous and we oom. If there is a warlock that I have to decurse and try and purge, and use my only real defense in healing surge, I oom before 2nd ascendence. I have switched to mana spring in pvp just to help offset it.

In pve, yeah it’s shocking. I’ll see a bleed go out and I’m watching health bars and it seems like mine is draining at 2x compared to everyone else’s.

I’d love to see them add an absorb we can spend overflowing maelstrom stacks on. Almost every other dps class has either an infinite amount of absorbs, self heals, ways to avoid damage, or in some cases all of them, then there’s enhance, the red headed step child of the wow community.