Physical Collectors Edition: Shadowlands

Am I the only one hoping this one comes with a CD of Music… the BFA one did not come with a CD and I have a row of CD’s in my Car… and It ends at Legion. Im kind of Bummed it never came out as a CD. I know CD’s kind of suck these days. But It was nice to be able to have the latest music in my Car all the time.

11 Likes

why wouldn’t they announce the physical Collectors copy when they announced the digital ones, i dont remember them doing this for BFA

This is why I skipped the BfA CE.

3 Likes

They did. They announced there would be a physical CE in the article announcing digital pre-purchase.

1 Like

Yeah, but they haven’t as of yet confirmed if you get the Epic Edition then later the Physical Collectors Box Edition, if you’ll be reimbursed amounts in Blizzard credits you had paid for the epic version before it (To access the digital content earlier).

They’ve done this in the past, however a blue confirmed it will be the same for this expansion around would make others & myself feel more financially safe buying the digital collectors now, even though we plan on getting the physical collectors box edition.

Ladies ~ And Gentlemen ~ Villains and heroes ~ Champions, and Legends – An answer has been provided, by a Blue:

9 Likes

so cancel a digital copy so you dont get it sent back to you as blizzard balance good to know

1 Like

With the customisation changes, many of us will probably be using that Blizzard balance anyway on race changes :man_shrugging:t3:

NIght ELF for Life!

1 Like

Yeah, they are pretty cool refunding it for Blizzard Balance.

Would be cooler to just be able to refund it via whatever payment method someone used though

5 Likes

The main thing I want from the Shadowlands Collector’s Edition is a custom Mouse Pad. I was very disappointed to see that BFA did not come with one. That was the main reason I held off on getting the digital version, and elected to go with the physical edition.

1 Like

The mousepad is what makes it so special? They’ve never even been high quality mousepads… get yourself a real mousepad or a decent desk and never be bothered by this again. Mousepads also wear out anyways, now a nice poster, especially if it were a high quality fabric print or something similar would be really nice. A statue if Blizzard wants to compete with FF XIV at all would also be better. Why Blizzard can’t make higher quality collector’s editions anymore beats me. I’d like to see more stuff akin to the 15th anniversary collector’s edition. Art books, posters, statues. I’d pay a premium for them. I don’t know why Blizzard doesn’t want to do that.

That would require them to give people their money back and once they have your money, like any smart business, they will do everything they can to keep it.

Is there any news yet about a physical Collector Edition yet?

Nope. Won’t be till at least till Spring / Beta starts.

As stated from a Blizzard rep (“One of the Blues”) on another post:

Now in regards to -

As of yet, they actually don’t have a set date for the physical collectors box edition; nor an estimate, so stating ‘till Spring / Beta Starts’ is ultimately inaccurate.

The others in the past have had various release dates in terms of timeline with the testing of the given-expansion etc. Although I would not be surprised if they did release it sometime when or shortly after the beta starts.

Yes, it was a guesstimate based off previous announcements which have happened around the time of Beta, more specifically it is tied to the release date announcement. This has to do with certain countries / regions where pre-orders of physical goods have to have a specific release date.

I am also waiting. I have all previous including vanilla like much of you. I might as well hold out for this CE as well!

I believe the word you’re looking for is "Soon™ "

1 Like