Phone incompatible with Authenticator App

They need to sell Taco Bell. Delivery. I would tear that up. Buy it with in-game gold? Yes please.

Taco Bell, if you are ready this (Wendys go away… we know youre lurking) TACO BELL make this happen! Partner with Blizzard Entertainment.

Feed us! I feel like I’m living in Westfall begging for scraps out here. IT’S ROUGH!

1 Like

This doesn’t work anymore

I do. It is cross-server.

The only caveat is that all orders go through the same store in Anaheim, so delivery times may vary.

Oooh my cheesy gordita crunches will be here Tuesday! And only costs me $487 including the fuel surcharge.

No! Stop complicating my dreams.

1 Like

I can’t believe I have to see this in my thread… :face_vomiting:

Wrong they do still work they just don’t make them anymore…the ones for sale on Amazon are ones made before the change…as per this now…" Blizzard is still supporting the ones that exist, they’re just not making any more of them, and you can still switch your account over as long as your authenticator is still working."

That’s what I said when they stopped selling the shredded chicken burrito, making me think on the spot about what to replace it with. (At least my local one stopped selling it.) I used to get one with every order.

I’m getting a cheesy gordita crunch today. It has been decided.

1 Like

To clarify, people should stop suggesting buying fobs. SMS Protect (or Phone Notifications https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/26824?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution) is required for the Group Finder functionality. I can confirm that personally, and it’s also outlined in Blizzard’s support pages, and in a Blue Post on the Techincal Support forums where they’re guiding people to the SMS page.

2 Likes

I might get two.

Always a good choice. If your location has the doritos loco shells, ask for that and nacho cheese instead of shredded.

My friend basically invented that shortly after they started the doritos shells and just asked if they would do it and they did so that’s how we always got them after that. :smiley:

1 Like

You’re doing something WAAAAAAAY wrong then. Use Nox. I don’t use it for an authenticator because I’m not using a Nokia 3310, but I do use it when I’m writing apps as a test bench.

You don’t need a contract device to use it. Whatever you tried before, get rid of it, because it sounds like it was trying to phish for information.

You need a contract phone number to set up the Auth. It also has to be one that matches the country on the account. To make it worse, some contract phone plans give out numbers that are flagged as pre-paid so won’t work. Other pre-paid plans have numbers that are flagged as contract and do work. VOIP of course does not work.

So yeah, even if you try using an emulator you will need a phone number to set up SMS protect or you can’t complete set up and can’t make custom group titles in Dungeon and Raid.

2 Likes

I’m jealous of MVPs.

I have no idea why you would be. The green just makes us moldy, it does not do anything else.

I am correct we are talking about two different cases. As should be obvious considering how different our arguments are.

In fact it makes you targets. Anytime you disagree with anyone, “You’re just a Blizzard toady!!!”

If you can at least get SMS protect get winauth.

You need both to unlock it.

Oh sweet! Finally! After throwing me to the trolls you come to help fend them off.

Ok…well technically wasn’t you, but you were there.

No, it was not me, and I told you you needed the cell phone number to set it up from the start. I did not feed you to any trolls. You seem intact still which is good.

MVPs are moldy greens, we don’t work for Blizz and have no moderation powers at all. Nothing. We get the same 5 flags a day as others do. There is nothing I can do about behavior of others on a forum.