Philosophical question

Hi all,

I was thinking about the ranged vs melee survival debate and then got to thinking.

Do you think blizzard would bother to revert/add a 4th spec to appease the debate or just let the classic servers (vanilla, tbc, wotlk etc) run their course so that blizzard doesnt have to put the effort in?

I know what my answer to that question is, but I wanted to know what/how you feel about that question.

Would they ever do either option? Unlikely tbh.

But one can dream!

I’m for the 4th spec option.

3 Likes

Philosophical question, eh?

Here is my philosophical answer:

If there is Life after Death, then Blizzard will restore RSV in some form - either by 4th spec, or doing away with MSV.

If there is no Life after Death, then Blizzard will continue to tweak numbers and add to MSV until the game shuts down.

Clearly the best course of action is to do away with the bow completely and turn hunter into a full on melee class!

In my opinion, it’s technically feasible for the type of weapon a survival hunter has equipped to dictate if it’s melee or ranged and that would be my ideal option. It would take some finesse, like harpoon might have to be targetable like grappling hook if you have a bow but I think that is all easily within Blizzard’s reach. It would also take some mechanism to make players lock in to melee or range to prevent dropping combat to swap weapons and be unfairly flexible, but they’ve solved problems like that before.

theyll restore it in Wotlk classic :eye: :lips: :eye:

I agree since it’d cause the least issues imo or at least provide another PoV for Hunters that can be a Classic spec or something actually new.

nope.

Would not mind the 4th spec, but I highly doubt it would happen. This is different to what was happening with druids