Phasing/sharding in Nazjatar (& Mechagon)

Phasing/sharding (whichever it is) needs to be seriously adjusted or eliminated.

Half the time, when I see something at the edge of my visibility – a poisonous spiral leaf for the requisition quest, a rare, a chest, a mining node, whatever – it vanishes as soon as I approach. If I back up, it reappears, but I can’t get near it without it vanishing again.

It’s happening way too often to be a coincidence. It’s not a stealthed player grabbing one-time-use items (or starfish that stealth whoever clicks them). It’s not rares dying before I can get close. If I back up, whatever it is reappears, because I’ve crossed some invisible line that puts me into the previous phase or shard or whatever it is.

If we can see it, we should stay in the same phase/shard long enough to let us interact with it.

happens to be all the time. I think this is a result of a combination of two things:

1. Garbage QA by blizzard.
  2. abusing a technology (sharding/phasing).

Sharding meant to solve a problem back in legion and it worked well, but the game designers decided to abuse it and now it’s becoming a cancerous technology that annoys more players than solving any population issues.

and don’t even get me started on their QA…

That’s not a bug. The area around the Tidestone is phased right now until later on when we unlock the raid and that area is returned to its normal state. From a distance you are just seeing the unphased version.

It’s everywhere. It’s not just one specific area. It’s happening all over both Nazjatar and Mechagon, though it’s far worse in Nazjatar.

1 Like

Blizzard, please do something. I have limited time to play, so I try to be efficient with my time, and still squeeze in time to sit and wait for Rustfeather. I sat around for 45 minutes waiting for Rustfeather, only to have him and the people around me (I was not in a group) phase away immediately as he spawned. Stop wasting my time!