Phase Diving: what am I missing?

I just cannot figure out what phase diving is really supposed to be about… Are there supposed to be rare mobs all the time to hunt down? Battle pets to find? I found one rare, but I think that was just dumb luck.

I’ve been in there quite a few times, and it’s just elite mobs I have to run around (Blizzard, didn’t you ever learn your lesson about why people hated the Maw??!?) Can’t seem to find any of these orbs for this quest to give you a mount that works in there, either.

Blizzard pumped this up like phase diving was supposed to be this really cool new feature, and all I see is a handicap on my character: I can’t mount, can’t fly around, have no idea what I’m looking for, don’t see any quests, can’t find treasures, etc. I’ve maxed out my cloak so far, so it’s not like I’m not advanced enough to be able to do things.

Really disappointed in this, especially since Karesh itself is kind of lackluster. At least in Undermine there was always something to do…

3 Likes

Its just fancy talk for quests with extra steps.

Pick up your quests, phase dive, finish them like any other quest, and pop out.

Or just go to a WQ spot, dive in, and do your thang.

The no mount thing is annoying, but almost all the quests ive done are right next to an entry way. Just fly to it normal and phase dive once your there. The maw didnt have that option.

Idk what quest your having trouble with, otherwise Id offer help.

What are you missing?

Your mount.

It’s the Maw all over again.

2 Likes

Mostly phase diving content is timagated behind wrap ranks, this week you can farm Urmag for mount, do some WQs, next week you can start killing mobs to chance to spawn the orb with the xmog appearances, after 2 weeks you can see the remaning zone treasures.

So far, I’ve found no reason other than to do quests with extra steps and no mounts. It has to be one the dumbest things they have added since the Maw.

1 Like

Someone people may have missed, it is probably the fastest was around the zone. One you “dive”, you can click on the orb and it works like a flight path to other dive points but it is instant.