Phase 3 started fast

Phase 3 in april i mean this shows how p2 killed sod and getting rid of a server. Doubt they do another sod.

Balance. Kills a game faster than anything.

1 Like

I guess i liked it even p2 was not that bad but 20 man raids that is a hard no for me. 20 lan raids was not for me but alot of people liked them. To each their own.

Why wouldn’t they do something like this again? It’s experimental content that’s made them a boat load of money. They’re literally getting us to pay them a subscription fee to beta test a game for them. They’ve even gone so far as to call us ‘codevelopers’, because we’re literally playing a beta.

Guessing the devs are timing phase lengths to match content available in each phase…in the context of a multi-phase rollout. Its OK not to be maxxed out before the next phase. Full disclosure: my main is 39 but only because i simply haven’t been playing SoD as much but even in that context I feel p3 coming soon feels about right. P2 didn’t have as much to do as p1. Id not worry too much, still lots left to ‘discover’:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We have to finish this seasonal server so we can get onto the next fresh one .

That’s how these time locked progression servers work.

And when it hits it’s end. We go again.

I know WoW enjoyers aren’t used to this. But it’s a good way to keep it fresh and constantly bring in new life.

I would still be playing P1 if there were P1 servers.

P2 sucked. I unsubbed. Take your pick of reasons…class balance, STV design bugs, STV reward disparity, PVP broken for healers. Even gnomeregan isn’t great… And the raid rewards for healers take away our stam and SP…and give us spirit.

Bro look how fast it died from p1 to p2 they closed down CB and lets be real there not that manay sod servers as is anyways. I doubt its worth their time but p3 and p4 will be the telling sign

The EXACT same population and ebb and flow happens in ALL VERSION OF THE GAME all the time. Stop acting like this is somehow a SoD specific thing. It happened in Era. It happened in SoM. It happened in Hardcore. It happened in TBC Classic. It happened in WOTLK Classic, it happens in retail ALL THE TIME. This is by far the DUMBEST complaint I have seen. After 20 years of watching this happen like clockwork you would think people would understand that it’s a natural part of this game.

they killed ranged hunters fun factor 3 minutes into release of phase 1

I don’t know why people keep saying P3 is starting early. Is it really? Phase 1 went for ~2 months and phase 2 went for ~2 months.

P1 was 10 weeks, P2 was 8.

Yes expansions etc. I get all that. Even understood pop decline last month in p1. But i even noticed p2 started with lower numbers. There are alot of non 40s still ans to start p3 this fast shows they had to push p2 put faster. Do the math july p4 starts ends sept. 3 months of. Eing 60 yea ok

Yeah that was always going to happen. Its a Seasonal Experience, SoD was never meant to last forever. It’ll be gone within a year by design.

I know that but i did not expect numbers to decline in p2 specially when alot are not even 40

Not sure why you didn’t tbh. Lvl 40 was a bigger time commitment then lvl 25. Phase 1 was always going to be the peak of SoD’s population.

It’s only 2 weeks shorter than p1… which was slightly too long. This was a good amount of time for how little content we had and how short/easy gnomer was.

Guess just seemd shorter then u said.

It’s funny that people that compare phase 1 and phase 2 lengths forgetting that the holidays were in phase 1, which extended the phase because the SoD team was out of the office for 2 weeks.