Phase 2 and Lag

Don’t be mad at me. Be mad at all the people who use “lag” to mean “low framerates”. It’s a huge pet peeve of mine.

Now we’re talking about a lot more than 40v40. That looks more like >80 vs. >80

If you pay close attention, it seems the lag is almost perfectly lined up with that DPS meter updating. Might be the problem.

Oh I’m not mad, sorry if that sounded passive aggressive. The distinction is definitely important :laughing:

I have a Beta test server account but I didn’t want to install another copy of the game on my drive.

Do you have one to check it out, or know someone who’s testing now?

I don’t see massive lag, on Fairbanks, BRM usually has hundreds of Horde just sitting there on or near the chain killing any alliance that tries to get past. I almost experience no lag, though I tend to die instantly and run back as a ghost constantly as well.

I think that has more to do with the DPS meter updating as soon as the server responses manage to make their way in which coincides with the lag spike being tangible on client side.
AFAIK addons such as Details! and recount simply use combat log info as their data sources, so they should be purely client side and not put any stress on the server.

What are you talking about?!

Private servers on average crashed at least 3-10 times per week because a duck farted at the waste processing plant near the data-center/basement-rig. Crashes the the world server were a common, and in most case, daily occurrence, let alone a bit of end-to-end server lag.

Methinks you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Upgrade from you’re 15 year old pc
No lag for me

48ms for me on Oceania

Nice bait m8 r8 it 8/8

Yes, its the retail game engine, and its a joke.

1 Like

We aren’t talking general latency.

Ya I don’t think the dps meter is controlling the lag/server at that point. It’s more of a server issue not being able to handle the density of people there.

Maybe on some really bad private servers with buggy code. The good ones were far more capable in the situations I’m referring to.

um…??

We are in phase 2 now are we not? Everything seems playable to me so far.

No, we are still in Phase 1. Dire Maul was simply released early.

I haven’t voiced any concern for instanced combat (although Alterac Valley will likely be an issue as well). The immediate issue is large scale world pvp, which will inevitably come with Phase 2. At that point World bosses will be released along with the Honor system where the only way to rank is world pvp.

1 Like

I will need to look into this. Where was honor system confirmed to be released in P2?!?

I am not saying your fears are unfounded. I just want to see confirmation of this because I haven’t seen it and thats a pretty big deal for me. My sub is currently set to pause until pvp comes out. Need to know if I will renew now or later!

It will definitely be in Phase 2. They announced the content release schedule a long time ago. There is information about the 6 phase schedule all over the internet

Never had lag in wpvp. Even with like 100 players

Was in UBRS earlier though and people were complaining of lag. They probably shift changed who ever turns the internet wheel or whatever

i havent had these lag issues youre talking about even with a boat load of people around