Pets to counter background healing

I can’t really figure out how to counter this without going full darkness.
Typically they have an imp with immolation up. Then they bring in pets that will cause damaging an opponent to heal. These battles take forever and the players are usually good at juggling the pets. What do you guys usually do?
Ordinarily, I wouldn’t be looking for specific counters, but since there’s only two or three people who pet battle on my battlegroup, and I’m doomed to play only these people until the end of time (down with pet battle battlegroups, imo), I have to have a plan to deal with it. I can get close, but can’t quite get it done. Touch of the Animus is particularly offensive, as it heals so much, and they can usually get two pets damaging while the debuff is up.

You don’t need Darkness per se; any weather-changing pet will do.

Some other options:

-Deep Bite
-One-shot pets (Starlette, Brightpaw)
-Whirlpool pets
-Infernal Pyreclaw
-Squirky
-Nexus Whelps
-Sandstorm can cancel out the healing factor of the Imp if strong enough
-XuFu can solo a sunny day team

1 Like

Wicked Soul is always the Imp killer to me. You are faster than he is so you can haunt him right off the bat.

Bring in a Jademist Dancer and throw up Rain Dance and hope Haunt crits a couple times.

If the third pet is Son of Sethe, Tonguelasher could be a nasty counter.

Another pet to consider is Ravenous Prideling, because Disruption can clear all those buffs/debuffs.

Or throw Nightmare on them with one of the pets that has that ability.

If you face this team a lot, it’s a good idea to have a few counters. If you use the same team, eventually he’ll hard counter you. If you have a couple different options, it’s harder to counter.

1 Like