Pets Not Resurrecting

We’ve had multiple reports in our Discords recently of battle pets who are supposed to resurrect, like Mechanicals and Undead, not resurrecting if they are hit TWICE with a multi-hit ability (Rend, Flurry, Lash, even Cyclone). If they’re hit 1 or 3 times it’s fine, but when it’s 2 the resurrection won’t trigger. I’ve also personally seen it happen with Trample against the Gigacharged Mayhem Maker, where the two hits from Trample did not trigger the enemy’s resurrection portion. So this appears to be impacting both NPC and player pets.

Here’s a log from my battle just now, where two Rend hits kept my Mechanical pet from having its mech rez, as well as other testing logs from another moderator on Xu-Fu’s Pet Guides

No Rez for enemy ED-005 in this log.

No rez for player’s Lost Robogrip here.

1 Like

Just happened again in the same dungeon with Cyclone on Ralf

I just had the same issue with my undead and mech pets as well.

I have also been doing the old Argus pet battle family achieves, and have had so many issues like this with my mechanical and undead passives. Glad to know I’m not crazy at least and it seems to be a bug.

This is still happening. Had it happen twice today.

I deliberately killed all of my Battle pets just so I don’t click something during a battle in the field that would then activate the battle pet system… very annoying.

From the hotfix notes on 1 February:

Pet Battles

• Fixed an issue causing several multi-hit Battle Pet abilities to have a chance to ignore on-death passives such as Undead or Mechanical resurrection.

That in mind, we had someone in our Discord report their second Flank – which was the number that had an issue – missing, with no debuffs or buffs present that would impact hit chances. Neither pets had any abilities that impact hit chances, no weather such as Sandstorm or Darkness was present, yet their in-game log displays a miss.

It seems like the fix is pushing through the second Flank (or perhaps other multi-hit abilities) by making it miss, so an attack that rolled 2 hits would actually animate 3 times but only hit twice.

Some clarification from the devs would be lovely if this is the case, that way we can point people toward the explanation on the fix.