Petition to remove Death and Decay

It’s obvious at this point that this ability is holding back DKs. It reduces mobility greatly, by the time we drop it tanks are pulling mobs out of it to avoid other damage mechanics. It greatly reduces our mobile damage. Either give us an passive equivalent that procs off of one of our other abilites, or better yet just buff unholy blight and give each class spec it’s own flavor of it. Reduce our button presses!

46 Likes

Absolutely, I was excited when they said they were reworking how death and decay works for cleave. Still waiting to see a meaningful change. The best change would absolutely be removal.

22 Likes

I totally agree. Remove this abomination now.

19 Likes

Believe it or not, we can’t play our tank’s character and our own at the same time. If they decide they want to move, they can. It’s so silly that everyone in the group has to play around a circle on the ground that you put down. It’s an outdated playstyle that needs to go. Heaven forbid you play with a pug that pulls into a group and stops to get aggro on them, making you believe they’re stopping, then they just run ahead and grab another group. There’s just no reason with current class design to limit this class so much.

19 Likes

crazy thought and i’m sure this was mentioned a hundred times now, if we have to play with this clunky jank mechanic why not just have it follow us, infact if I look at the rider hero tree mograines DnD follows him which basically means i’d rather play that NPC :smirk:

22 Likes

Completely agree, if they are going to continually reduce its impact on gameplay, it just needs to go already. It does extremely poor damage, it restricts the dps and tanks specs in extremely unfun and potentially punishing ways, its only use is the DnD cleave, haste, and dmg amp/reduction for blood (which are arguably only there to make DnD somewhat useful), it had its time in the sun, but its time for it to go now.

6 Likes

Blizzard quadrupling down on this is utter puke. Frost needs something REALLY good to compensate this trash.

9 Likes

DnD as it is fine. The problem is that there is no alternative. Mograine is going to have an aura version in the RotA hero talents and I see no reason why the player can’t have that either.

There should be a choice node between 2 charge DnD and a 1 charge DnD aura. That way both parties are pleased.

2 Likes

I LOVE DnD as blood. I despise it as both of the other two specs. So many bonuses as blood, but mostly it’s because I’m the one who determines where the mobs are tanked. So I can drop it where/when I’m planted.

When it is critical for your damage output as both DPS specs, you drop it and the tank moves. GG you’re damage is now terribad for this pull.

It either needs to be removed. Abilities adjusted so it’s not required to do decent damage. OR you need more charges so you can have better uptime. Especially considering that it seems they can’t give mobs abilities other than ground effects in DF dungeons. Almost every pull has some sort of ground effect you have to move out of. If the tank moves too far, GG. Good try. No damage for you. Similar problem as to why I stopped playing Destro lock. I slap 4 Rain of Fire’s on one location and the tank moves the mobs out of them. The pull is ruined.

5 Likes

its been a few expacs since i played frost, but doesn’t remorseless winter act as an aura style AoE for frost?

1 Like

They could easily move it into the blood tree as a talent, and everyone would benefit.

2 Likes

I can’t see them getting rid of it. It’s been iconic in Warcraft lore since Death Knights appeared in Warcraft II. I get the frustration, but I think the solution is to untether it from cleave.

13 Likes

In warcraft 3 it was the decay aura, I wouldn’t mind that but again, it’s another button. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was passive.

1 Like

It’s one reason why I wouldn’t exactly vote for getting rid of it. Demon Hunter for example is far and away from the WC3 DH fantasy as it was implemented in WoW.

I can’t see them attaching cleave to, say, Remorseless Winter because it would just emphasise brain dead gameplay even more than it already is. RW is ALWAYS on with a 20 second cooldown.

I’ve been saying this loads recently, but choice node between 2 charge DnD and a 1 charge DnD aura is the strongest middle ground. Make them both activate 0.5s GCD.

Just my 2 cents but D&D should be the “base” ability and it should stay that way for blood. However it should be replaced by Remorseless Winter for Frost and Unholy Blight for Unholy. Remorseless winter is an overall easy swap(as long as they combine some of the 18 talents that feed into it). Unholy Blight would need a slight redesign to do something like maybe empower our diseases(or cause them to radiate damage to additional targets, or add shadow vulnerability) instead of applying them.

This way if they insist on cleaving strikes in it’s current iteration at least the abilities that it’s tied to would be mobile. This would solve a good bit of the issues that being forced to play around a ground effect cause. Plus it may add to class/spec fantasy as that sems to be a goal for the next story arc.

11 Likes

I would like to see made into an aura around the DK at least

6 Likes

Just get rid of the cleave not dnd I like it to get stealth out and healers pillar humping to drink in arena

3 Likes

The amount of buttons isn’t that overwhelming though?

I keep seeing this notion that unholy has an insane amount of buttons, but really outside the opener its mind numbingly simple.

They are removing ERW, tbh you could fold UB and DT into Apoc and that would simplify it for even the most basic of player.

I agree. Would rather keep such an iconic ability, but given so many people hate the ground effect, I’d rather advocate for an aura effect along the lines of remorseless winter.

I’d much rather stay different than something like ret pallies consecrated blades for DK’s, which I’ve seen some people ask for. Really don’t want to be a ret clone.

Have it as an aura effect that interacts with diseases in some unique way, or pets, or deals some meaningful aoe damage, and remove the cleave component.

Arthas’ does as well in hots

This would be so thematic. Corrupting/freezing the very ground we walk on. I would love it if it was just a small melee range AOE that did damage and cleaved inside of it.