Petition to allow monks to use weapons

Just like the title says, bliz can we please get some attack animation to allow us to use our weapons. I even remember back in the day with MoP when we could use weapons and there was a glyph available to make it so that you didn’t use your weapon if you didn’t want too. Well here we are today and the monks weapon is just a stat stick, can we at least get the option with a glyph to use our weapons with our attacks? Thanks

10 Likes

I can get behind this. I transmog my swords to fist weapons, but because they are swords by default they do not show when attacking. I am not sure if this is a bug or if that was intended but there is little to no fist weapons to use as of right now.

1 Like

Jot my name down for this.

1 Like

A glyph would be great.

1 Like

I think blizz aid at some point that monks are designed to fight without weapons aside from staves. So the only animations are for handwraps (no weapon) and staves.

1 Like

Here’s hoping they can change that and give us the option of using weapons if we want. Even the into movie for MoP which introduced the expansion along with monks, had him fighting with a staff.

All it would take is grabbing the Jab animation from MoP to replace Tiger Palm as a glyph. Thats that.

3 Likes

I still wonder why they removed that animation from MoP. I would prefer a few more but the one from MoP would be a good start.

1 Like

It’s super awkward that when I dual wield as brewmaster, my weapons keep disappearing for every attack and then reappearing in my hands.

Also, for staff brews, let us glyph blackout kick back into blackout strike. Blackout kick animation and noise never felt impactful or satisfying as a tank.

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

I fully agree. With the money that Blizzard gets from players, they should dedicate more resources to making class animations fun and dynamic.

Here’s an idea. What if instead of making the exact same sound with the exact same movement for x ability, there is a chance of one of three similar animations that could spawn?

1 Like

A glyph would be enough for some weapon animations.

As well, a glyph for Blackout Strike back for Brew so we can use the Artifact Weapon animation. Seriously, you already have these animations coded. Pls just put them back with a glyph.

Also in general, more glyphs pls.

1 Like

you sure about that, disarm gonna hurt

1 Like

thats stupid and we all disagree with blizzard. Plenty of monks in Pandaland who use weapons, plenty of people with weapons in pandaland, how would me being a monk make me suddenly forget how to use SOME weapons. Monks are martial artists, and sword fighting can be considered a martial art.

2 Likes

disarming should be useless against monks because we know how to fight with our fists!

2 Likes

It’s because your monk hands are so fast you can’t see the weapons when you’re fighting. :wink:

1 Like

Yes please, I’ve been saying this since they removed the ability do this.

Also this.

1 Like

Understand where you are coming from, but a glyph would make your monk so goofy. During rising sun kick is the monk going to place the sword on his feet? Using legs and fists is the lure of the monk. It seems monk is starting to become a fotm and it shows.

2 Likes

Iv been asking for a tiger palm jab glyph forever. I dont care about using my weapons all the time, my issue is we have special weapon attack animations that were deleted from the game because of ability pruning. This was all a reality during MoP

3 Likes

The thing is though, a glyph wouldn’t replace all of your attack animations. Simply give us back Glyph of Jab back from MoP at the very least, all that did was use your current weapon instead of punching with your builder ability (I believe it was just called Jab till Tiger Palm replaced it).

1 Like