Petition For CarlJung

So today a Guildie got accused of using a bot and I can tell you there are multiable members in the guild that Can say this is a LIE and a Unfounded truth. The server is Atiesh. Guild Character name(CARLJUNG) was out in silithus farming Worms today when he received a ban for botting. based on guild chat He was playing all day. If someone could Please look into this I have multiable members that can swear to have spoken with him many times throughout the day. I have been a member of Blizz since Diablo; Warcraft even. I played the lost Dwarfs for god sake. I don’t know if a GM had a grudge or what, but this is not fair or warranted based on the evidence we can provide. Please email me if you can find any info on this. A 6 month band on an accusation is ridiculous.

2 Likes

This is very true. Every time Carjung is on, he is always active and doing things with the guild. There is were never any signs of Carl using any form of bots. There were many of us that were talking to carl the whole time he was on when this even took place. If its an addon issue, Carl uses twitch for his addons so that should probably need to be reviewed as well.

2 Likes

Yeah I was playing with him today in the afternoon before i went to ride bikes with my son. So it doesn’t seem legit that they would do this on lack of evidence.

1 Like

I’m GM of classic guild Elysian Field Classic Atiesh. I wasn’t on too much yesterday, but when I was, I talked with Carljung.

Do you want to alienate more people, blizzard? Continue what you are doing then. If you really mean what you say about providing good service, prove it. Review this. Take it seriously, as you are detrimentally effecting our guild, our play style. Do the right thing.

2 Likes

My friend and I carljung go way back to our days in diapers together. He is the reason I re-subbed to classic wow. When I heard he got banned for botting, I was in shock. I thought this is the end of my classic wow adventure. I know he would never bot, because he really enjoys wow and was excited about shadowlands. Why would a bot buy shadowlands? Wouldn’t the goal for a botter be to use a throw away account? I can assure you that he does not have any bot program on his computer. I do know he got his google account hacked last week and had to get A new credit card And debt. Is it possible that hacker got a virus on his computer that flagged the bot detection system? He is willing to wipe his whole ducking computer because he has no idea why his account was flagged. Please look into this blizzard, you are not making Azeroth a more fair and better place for this ban. This is ruining the player experience by losing a valuable friend, player and priest. I leveled with that priest when classic first came out. Look at the logs and you will see he was on during the day. Look at the chats and you’ll see me asking him what he was doing out in searing gorge, a day before the ban and you’ll see that he responded he was leveling up herbalism. He was at his computer, he was playing his character. He can no life grind I agree but botting he is not. Please blizzard, Carl is the reason I came back to wow and he is the reason I want to stay. Please look into this, he did not bot.

1 Like

I have never known carljung to use any kind of bot software. He’s always been active and supportive in our guild. I don’t know what process Blizzard has for checking on this, but it’s obviously not working correctly. The mere fact that his appeal was almost instantaneous is also a bit concerning. How does Blizzard justify not giving a fair appeals process too?

2 Likes

Bliz may be taking action on something that happened a month ago.
It could even be for an anti afk bot or any number of things
It also possible your guildie is not being completely honest with you

Yeah, Well I don’t have any of those programs on my PC and have never used such programs in the last 15 years of playing ANY Blizzard game. So thanks for stopping by.

Cool story bro

It doesn’t really matter what anyone says here; this isn’t a court of public opinion. This is defiantly not the place to be requesting an appeal for a Ban

The fact that his appeal was denied would indicate they have more than enough evidence and are certain with the punishment

I concur, in the times I have played with Carljung he was definitely not a bot or running any routine software, man could barely buff. :smiley:

Just cause someone talks in guild chat, or interacts with people, does not mean he isn’t botting or using a program that is against the TOS. I mean hell, it would be in the best intrest of a botting or other program user TO intreract and act as NON botty as possible. Most of these defences sound like gold farmers trying to keep their buddy in game to make more gold.