Pet taming question

So, I just tried to tame a feathermane in Bastion only to be told that I didn’t know how. Apparently I need to do all of the Hunter Legion Hall quests (which I wasn’t around for) to get the book to allow me to do that.

Fine. Ok, not fine, but fine.

Apparently there’s a book that will let me tame some mechanical creatures as well? And I already have my undead doggie from the maw; I don’t know what other undead creatures I can tame.

Are there any other special books or things I’ll need to be able to tame pets? This is as a BM hunter, btw.

Thanks.

Well I’m jealous you got the time to train undead. I still haven’t had it drop for me :confused: so jealous!

It was a random drop in the maw.

Hmmm, i heard Maldraxxis. Guess I’d better look deeper, hate to be farming the wrong mobs!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s been a while. Apparently it is Maxdraxxus. Never mind.

There is the one from the August Celestials that let you tame Dragons.

That is Order of the Cloud Serpent.

It is a device made by Legion Engineering called the Mecha-Bond Imprint Matrix.

There is also the Ancient Tome of Dinomancy found on Zandalari Dinomancers on the Isle of Giants a little north of Pandaria. This allows you to tame Direhorns.

Finally, there is the Blood-soaked Tome of Dark Whispers found on Zul in the Uldir raid (Normal or above). This allows you to tame Blood Beasts.

1 Like

Thank you. Looks like, in my copious free time with 3 mains, I have something to do… :slight_smile:

ahhh that’s it.

Like Talerdiirn said, that’s Order of Cloud Serpents.

But I also wanted to add some clarification – Hunters can’t actually tame Dragons.

What Hunters can tame (after getting that tome) is Cloud Serpents. Y’know, those Chinese-themed “dragons” from MoP.

There is also the Gargon Training Manual, 100% drop from Houndmaster Petrus in Revendreth, once you have learned it you can kill him again and tame his OWN pets. Gargon are listed under Stone Hounds, which REQUIRE BM to use.

Mine dropped in Maldraxxus.

1 Like

Mine dropped from Theater of Pain from last boss

1 Like

Ahh true thanks for the for clarification