Pet selling

I have been having a bear of a time selling pets on my realm. Never have I encountered such a problem. No one’s buying… and now the supply has stacked up such that there are people queuing up just waiting to undercut you – because no one’s buying.

I have thousands of charms that I was going to buy pets and sell them, but I can’t move the pets I have and so they’re still charms. I made a fair bit of gold selling pets in other xpacs, but this one? I make more selling the free stuff I get from my WoD garrison resources.

Anyone else having issues? Are people just not into pets anymore? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

With the market being limited only to a certain number of pets and a large number of those easy to farm,the market gets flooded quickly.

I often find my pets being sold to other pet sellers only to be relisted later. I’m not trying to be in the pet market, I’m just trying to off load my extras that I’ve collected. However, I still try to sell them for a reasonable price.

1 Like

I think part of the problem is how the AH lists pets. In the collapsed version (the default view when you search), it shows both the highest level and the cheapest price, but the cheapest price isn’t for the level shown usually. I think people don’t realize that and think they are getting a really good deal on a 25 when they buy and don’t pay attention to the expanded list. It’s a very misleading interface for battle pets.

3 Likes

In my experience, unless it’s:

A. Super useful in PvE and/or PvP

or

B. New

Pets don’t move very fast on the AH.

3 Likes

Usually it is this. Although lately I have not been able to sell anything other than the cheap pets.

It all depends on the server. I shall repeat the story I have told before.

I play on Aggracrank (or Fizzgramar, if you prefer). During the 10th anniversary event, I realized I didn’t have the time or patience to farm Hatespark the Tiny. Problem was that someone had cornered the market for battle pets on my server and they were asking a ton for that pet.

I started scanning the Undermine Journal and realized that Hatespark was available for 35K on Dalaran. I had made some characters there some time before, but they didn’t have any money. I sold a few pets and was able to raise enough to buy Hatespark.

Since then, Dalaran has grown by a lot and it is hard to sell pets there. So I have created characters on half a dozen other servers. I will list 10 pets at a time on each of them. But I only log in once every week or two so it doesn’t feel like a huge chore. I use the money to buy other pets I have no desire to farm (like K’uddly).

I actually find the new AH easier to navigate. For the most part, pet sellers seem to be less inclined to consistently undercut. The hard ones to sell are things like the Toxic Wasteling, since they have a high drop rate.

Ditto. I haven’t been able to sell anything lately either.

pet selling is pretty much dead now, and I suspect pets sellers are just losing out to players buying tokens instead.

depends on what pets you got for sale ill buy them MY MAIN TOON ON TROLLBANE MY BTAG TITANSFAN24#1743 ADD ME WE CAN TALK