Pet "Passive" Stance

We used to have a button near the “Defensive” and “Assist” buttons that stated “Passive”. When you chose the “Passive” option the pet/minion would do nothing but stand there unless you directed it to go do something.

As someone who has encountered problems with my minion being out while doing legacy content, aka the minion running ahead, instant killing something, and me getting no reputation for that kill or for killing something that I needed to “Injure”, I greatly wished I could have had the “Passive” option open to me.

I don’t know when exactly this was removed or for what reason as I went thru my old screenshots and noticed that it was there on 8-Dec-22, but then gone on 18-Dec-22. Looking thru the “Hotfixes” that occured during this timeframe I could not find it as a listed item. You’d think something like this would be listed

Can we please have the true passive for pets/minions come back? I know I can just de-summon my minion, but I like having him around.

On a side note, is there a way to have the random imps that Demonology spawns also be passive? Again, if I’m trying to do a quest where I just have to “Injure” someone, I literally currently have to switch entire specs to use the foam sword otherwise my imps will kill whatever I need to injure.

7 Likes

Can Demonology warlocks please get a way to turn their demons and “Wild Imps” that are summoned to be passive?

It is so hard to try to be kind when doing older content, such as Korthia, when I try to tag a mob but leave it alive so that others can tag it… But seriously can’t because my wild spawned imps keep randomly spawning and attacking it. Even if I can somehow confince my Felguard to stop attacking cause he has one setting, and its Nuke… Those wild imps just keep going at it. I have no choice but to stand there and watch as they just wittle away at it when I’m trying to be kind and not nuke it to death

Edit: While My example given is for legacy content, this problem exists even in current content. Like if you have to kill a certain mob, and you don’t want to nuke it as to let other players tag before it dies… again your wild imps are just going to town on it and even then sometimes due to those wild imps your Felguard gets the idea to charge forward again.

1 Like