Pet or tank?

Running TW dungeons a bit.
Been running dungeons with this new Demonology lock and not a single tank complaint…UNTIL…this last one was running like he was on fire…WAY ahead of the group, pulling everything in site. …Vengeance DH, of course, lol

he gets to a point and it appeared to me that the tank had pulled a couple mobs…same overpulling he did the entire run, but he says “pet” in chat, lol…as if my pet pulled it all. But my Felguard was literally at my side the entire time. I was waiting for the tank to grab it all before sending him out each time.

BUT, I havent played Demo in so long I havent got a clue if there is something about the spec or the Felguard that Im not aware of.
Is it possible that Felguard is aggroing trash 80 yards ahead of me somehow with an ability or something?

Just wondering because, as I said, I ran a list of dungeons and no problem until this one, so Im inclined to blame the tank on his overpulling that nearly caused a wipe, but again, I also might not fully understand how Felguard is working these days…

Does felguard have some ability that can aggro stuff way up ahead without me literally attacking or firing off a shot?

they were probably messing with you but depending on the dungeon pets can have some wacky pathing and pull stuff

2 Likes

There are some wonky pathing issues if you take shortcuts in some dungeons like jumping off ledges to avoid enemies. I’d say in cases like these, 95% of the time it’s just a tank pulling eleventy billion mobs and then is surprised when the aggroed something they didn’t intend to.

2 Likes

thats the confusing part. This wasnt a ‘safe’ tank. I could at least expect the slower, safer sort to say something…but this guy was pulling everything in site, and running WAAY ahead of the group (DH’s…go figure, lol).
not even sure why he’d even comment. We didnt die. Im positive my pet was on a leash…literally have /petfollow keybound to make sure of that.
Just odd given the circumstances.

maybe your pet taunt was on

I dont see a ‘taunt’ for felguard. Kinda why I made the thread, hoping someone could point out any info on the FG that I might be missing.
I think it was the tank given the situation, but I also havent played demonology since like Legion lol…so I cant say for sure

Taunt, for pets, is automatically disabled when entering a Raid or Dungeon.

2 Likes

The only thing I can imagine that could involve the pet would be if the wall glitch happened. Sometimes, running next to a stairway wall with a pet will cause the pet to move a level up or down. This could possibly pull mobs, but I’m going to say this is the tank’s fault.

1 Like