Pet megagerie battles no longer give XP

I noticed today when doing the garrison pet menagerie battle against Squirt that my character did not gain XP for completing the battle. I did get XP for completing the daily quest, but previously you would also get XP for completing the pet battle itself (if your character wasnā€™t at max level).

Not sure if this changed with the other 8.1 pet battle changes since it isnā€™t documented in patch or hotfix notes. Either fix this bug or document it if this change is intended.

3 Likes

Yeah, strange behavior.
I logged on for some battles with Squirt.
Planned to get a little EXP for my below max level alt ,as always. Two birds, one stone; and all that.
0 Character EXP. :sob:
Not just ā€œvery littleā€ but literally 0 character EXP from pet battling Squirt. Not a single point.

If 0 character EXP from pet battle was a recent intended changeā€¦ they should re-think that decision. It was more fun before, as an alternate to traditional methods, when we were able to level characters through pet battles. Even if it was a very slow pace.

I think itā€™s a side effect of the change to BFA trainers.

EXP from the BFA trainers was pretty much annihilated as a result of the Devs letting you now battle the BFA trainers even without their WQ being active. (Repeat battles)

2 Likes