Pet lust macro?

Anyone had luck making a summon pet > lust macro?

I messed around with it a bit last evening, couldn’t get it to work, even with a castsequence macro.

I want a macro that can summon a pet, cast primal rage, then dismiss pet. All in one button, so that I can pop lust in dungeons and still use lone wolf after, without it taking up 3 keybinds.

I’ve gotten a macro to summon pet to work no issue. As well as a macro to use primal rage, but when I try and put them together in a sequence it just doesn’t work for some reason.

Anyone use a macro similar to this? Or have any suggestions?

Thanks

You have a 3 second cast time on Dismiss Pet, and then another 21-22 seconds from the moment your pet is dismissed before Lone Wolf ticks all the way back up to the full 10%. Hardly seems worth it.

As for the macro itself, that’s easy.

#showtooltip primal rage
/cast call pet 1
/cast primal rage
/cast dismiss pet

Mash it, and it’ll do exactly what you want.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I realize dismiss has a cast time. Didn’t realize lone wolf had a ramp up though, so yeah probably not worth dismissing mid fight.

I did try a macro literally exactly as you typed it, tried that prior to trying a sequence one, it didn’t work.

Oh well probably won’t bother with it.

Appreciate the help

Make sure the call pet # is your lust pet, and it’ll work if you copy-pasted that.

Yeah that’s what I did.

It works for summoning the pet, but when I hit it again it doesn’t cast lust. Same issue with the sequence one. I could get the correct pet summoned no issues, but the lust wouldn’t go off.

Oh well, probably won’t be messing with it anymore. I wasn’t aware of the ramp up time on lone wolf, so I’ll just dismiss pet after boss fight from now on.

You need to cast sequence it, you can’t just put them all in there as cast lines. Macros stop executing once any line fails to execute.

However, it’s easier than that, because of conditionals.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [nopet] Call Pet 1; reset=120 Primal Rage, Dismiss Pet.

However, yes, Bellegar is correct, if you summon your pet in to use Lust as MM, do not dismiss the pet again until after combat is over. The difference in single target is far too small, you’ll suffer far more of a loss in the cast time and ramp-up time.

No, I mean it actually does work for me. I tested it before posting it, and have ran it three separate times since. If you can link me somewhere I can upload a webm or mkv, I’ve recorded it functioning exactly as described and will happily post the vid.

edit Here you go: https://streamable.com/4xf33v

Perhaps it shouldn’t work, but it does indeed work.

Yep, I stand corrected, it does work. It shouldn’t, but it does. I think the reason is because Call Pet is technically off the GCD, and Primal Rage isn’t actually cast by the hunter. Off-GCD abilities that fail don’t block macros, and apparently neither do pet abilities.

+1 Kaedys

It works because the casts block each other:

First Press:

• Begin Casting Pet 1
  • Primal Rage [BLOCKED](No Pet)
  • Dismiss Pet [BLOCKED](No Pet)

Second Press:

• Summon Pet [BLOCKED](Already have Pet)
  • PET Casts Primal Rage
  • Cast Dismiss Pet

Since there are no GCDs, the casts on the second press resolve smoothly.

Nice necro