Pet Leveling

Tamed Broken Tooth tonight, better late then never. Any suggestion on how to level him at this point?

1 Like

Kill green mobs. Put cower on and kite kite kite

I level my pets by killing mobs. The more time the pet spends fighting, the faster the pet levels.

I read somewhere that someone keeps clicking on his pet skill, and thinks that speeds it up.

I’ve noticed that if the pet is much lower than me, it levels faster.

I took my level 20 wolf to endgame dungeons and it got levels passively.

Don’t lower level pets have higher aggro radius?

Surprisingly, not really. Other than when you’re trying to sneak past mobs, you don’t really have any issue. If you do need to just dismiss it. Or make it stay and run far enough (this is also good when jumping off places rather than dismissing to save happiness).

Could always teach prowl and just stealth him when you are doing dungeons. Just be careful because you will aggro more trash. Also I find it easier to just grind. Grind in felwood. Raise your rep with timber maw. On the camp in the south. Took my level 50 pet 5 hours to get to 55. I generally got a level an hour and then a level for myself. It doesn’t matter if the pet doesnt hold aggro they generally go down in a few shots then tank thier hits in melee. Raise your defense and melee skill.

Won’t the mobs see through it regardless though because of the level difference?

Killing green mobs and kiting sounds great except you need a lot of room and your DPS is so low when kiting that I don’t think it’s that feasible.

Quoting my post form another thread that is relevant:

3 Likes

Absolutely untrue. A pet ONLY gains exp when as you gain EXP… the only way to increase the rate in which a pet gains exp is to increase yours… so EXP buffs, rest EXP etc… all contribute to higher EXP gains for your pet.

1 Like

Isn’t that just to learn the skill faster?