Pet battles still fun

(I couldn’t reply to the other topic I made so I had to make a new one)

Thought I’d check in before I set off for vacation. This month has been fun.

Even though PvP isn’t what it used to be, it is far from completely dead. I’ve gotten close to 300 battles since my return, albeit many of them were during pet battle week. Initially I was fighting the same sandstorm team over and over, but there is a little variety on my group. Some players trying to get their family achieve in, others who are just trying to have some fun with their pets.

Using alts and dragonriding I was able to develop a system where I can do all the Pandaria trainers, 5 out of 6 of the Dreanor trainers, Trixxy, Lydia Accoste, Antari, Major Payne, Obalis, and Cyrsa in just over an hour. I could get it to under an hour if I updated some of my strats. I was able to level my shaman from 60 to 70 and my druid to from 60 to 67 through pet battles, only doing enough DF content to get dragonriding.

I still have 142 pets in my queue and many more to collect, so I think I will return to at least clear my queue and grab all the wild pets that I’m missing. If PvP ever completely dies out I will try my hand at coming up with PvE strats. As I mentioned I’m still using a lot of strats from MoP, so I’m sure there’s plenty of room for improvement. Also, there are a lot of pets that I never bothered to get due to not caring about their PvP moveset. Maybe I’ll go full on collector. I guess my point is there’s still a lot for me to do outside of PvP.

I’m glad this community is still here and still friendly and helpful.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some changes to PvP in TWW!

3 Likes

It was great to see your return video. :+1:

New strats are always welcome, but the State Of The Art is far beyond those Mists days. Check out Pet Sim on Xu-Fu’s. Go to a Dragonflight world quest, and click the Win Rate button to see.

BTW, we have a version of Derangement’s updated for Dragonflight on the Discord, if you still want it. I presume the author abandoned it.

I also hope for something to look forward to in PvP.

What you played are old content. When they are completely consumed, you will find pet battles boring because nothing new.Pet battle is disappearing.