Pet Battles nerfed into absolute oblivion

Maybe they can start making battles that feel more balanced, rather than feeling like they were made to only be beatable by using the most powerful abilities.

I mean, I doubt that’s going to happen, but who knows, right?

I do not really see the point of nerfs other than pvp.

ROFLMAO that’s usually the -ONLY- reason any games get nerfed. 99% of the time they can’t even get the nerfs right, top of the dps chart to the very bottom.

“Lets apply a 30% nerf to their 5 main skills, that won’t do too much to the class!”

I actually liked that. Less to have to get for battles.

imagine nerfing something that only gets atention when there’s rep involved and by a very very very tiny % of the playerbase.

2 Likes

Why is this dumb? Wouldn’t the meta get stale if the same pets were dominate until the end of time?

Pokemon suffered from this pretty badly for a long time, that’s why I didnt mind Dexit or how they now ban the top used Pokemon in the previous season for the following season.

Black claw/stampede

dots/stampede

wind-up, pump/weather effects

anything that produces damage while being immune

dragonkin

all are good.

Dots + extra damageif already dotted
healing
sunshine
+stat skills, crit/hit
are barely used

it really does not help when some of the trainers/world quests have ‘catch up’ odds stacked for them.

It galling to do x fight, again, and again, see their enemy pet get that magic crit which puts your team on equal footing with the enemy pet team on the turns to win rate.

I bloody wish they would move away from trying to load those dice. Its not exciting. its plain annoying.

1 Like

Just like the Water Strider mount. Just wish they would leave good enough alone.

1 Like

If you get best friend with Nat Pagle, he gives water strider equipment to every mount you’ll ever get.

That’s a design flaw that the battles are all easily countered by that particular pet. It just shows that they’ve lost interest in pet battles and have unsupervised office interns designing them now.

2 Likes

This comment did not age well. Pet battles are unceremoniously brutal in Shadowlands. You need a massive collection of rare quality lvl 25s to stand a chance against the tamers or the rare spawns. Even cheesing them with level 1’s will end in failure unless you counter each enemy. The time commitment for being involved in pet battles in this game is ludicrous. I have put dozens of hours into my pet collection, and they are all worthless losers in SL.

3 Likes

Just remind yourself that you only need 9 out of the 11 trainers for the achievement.

I was getting so frustrated that I was ready to throw something.

i wouldnt mind if they removed pet battles altogether and just kept the ability to collect them somehow

at least it doesnt look like it takes a lot of dev time :wink:

lol this is sadly most likely correct. gotta push those new item shop pets.

What pet battles I’ve been playing for four months and have only managed to get into three battles no matter how long I wait in the queue

Ha, didn’t realize this was a necro’d thread. I have been using the pets/combos listed as nerfed in this thread and had very little problem in SL.