Pet Battles nerfed into absolute oblivion

Why? It’s not like people were getting world first heroic deadmines pet battle with certain pets?

This is so effing stupid.

5 Likes

They wanted to appeal to a broader audience.

You mean i wont have to invest a significant amout of time to get past the wotlk quest givers? Awesome.

1 Like

They’re making pet battles easier or harder? Are they nerfing the NPC pets or my pets?

4 Likes

They’re doing their standard nerf certain abilities so you will have to spend time leveling up the pets taking their place as S tier pets.

It’s dumb I agree but it’s been done many times before

1 Like

Can you copy paste the nerfs? Cant seem to find anything on wowhead.

1 Like

I’m on my phone right now but basically pets with black claw (good ole ikky) and stampede debuffs are getting nerfed along with some others but those are the big ones and is going to affect a large number of good strategies on pet battles in all expansions content

2 Likes

To be fair it is an insane combo.

7 Likes

They are nerfing your pets.

It really is. It makes 90% of bosses a non-issue.

2 Likes

They’re nerfing some player pet abilities (Black Claw, Hunting Party, Flock, a few others) so people don’t just use the same couple of pets for most pet battles.

But are they nerfing them due to their power or are they simply nerfing them to introduce new more op pets that we have to level. Close the power gap and introduce it again, maybe one of them can come from the store with token cash.

1 Like

you read my mind…

2 Likes

Previously-announced changes that are now testable in the Beta:

• Black Claw and other flat damage taken increasing abilities.

• Hunting Party, Flock, and other similar multi-round abilities.

• The Shattered Defenses debuff from abilities such as Hunting Party and Flock.

• Twilight Meteorite and other long-cooldown damage-splitting abilities.

• The Jar of Smelly Liquid ability.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-pet-battles-in-shadowlands/590828?u=nurfed-nazjatar

2 Likes

People farming rep too “quickly” :roll_eyes:

oh well pet battles were already something I almost never do and they never sell due to flippers and try hards on the AH so I’m just going to quickly remove it from my daily abilities when something relevant happens.

People still do pet battles?

2 Likes

It will have the opposite effect and that isn’t why they are doing it anyway.

2 Likes

nope, not a single person.

Some of those bosses need unborn / Ikky like output. Tananna comes to mind.

Without them it easily turns into some 10 minute healing attrition strat. And if you want to make pet battles less popular, more healing attrition is the way to go.

Buff rock paper scissors class bonuses?

4 Likes

Bugger. i screwed up the damn quoting system lel.

2 Likes