Pet bar needs attention

I’m sure is been addressed already but this problem shouldn’t have persisted as long as it has. Pets are essentially useless if you can’t control. Fix this!

7 Likes

lol there is a work around logoff in org and log back in works everytime.

i tried this and it has stopped working since the recent build, have not been able to get pet control back

1 Like

Pet bar is gone on hunters and locks, won’t come back for either, that I can see.

1 Like

Yea, no. Maybe you’ve been lucky but that’s far from a consistent workaround. Secondly, it’ll randomly disappear as you’re playing. Even if that worked I’m supposed to go to org every 15 min to fix it?

Even if that consistently worked, there shouldn’t be a workaround. It should be fixed!

1 Like

Welcome ot beta testing fill out the bug report form and move on complaing here on fourms isnt going to get it the problem to the people it needs to get to. In order for it to be Fixed that why there is a bug report form.

It has been reported now for two weeks with nothing done about it. If you train a new pet it is unhappy and it’s not just a UI bug it really does less damage. You can’t test without basic character functions. You can’t function without a pet bar either. That leaves a few other classes to play but from what I understand some of those mechanics are broke also and they can’t be used to playtest either. Now the profs are broke but they managed to raise the lvl restrictions. IDK guess I’ll wait til they fix basics before I test more

1 Like

Bugs have been submitted. It’s been a known issue for too long. That’s why i made the post. Traditional bug submission hasn’t yielded a result. Good job being a contrarian though.

3 Likes

Doing /reload brought back my warlock’s minion bar…once. But not working now.

After this afternoon’s update, my hunter had the pet bar back, haven’t had chance to check my lock.

Agreed…warlocks (demon in particular) are practically useless w/o their pet…i mean the whole spec revolves around the pet

For hunters…

For me at least…I’ve mentioned this before when this issue initially popped up, along with how the pet action bar disappears, so does the pet tab in your spellbook. So you can’t manually access or manage your pet abilities. It also seems that macros won’t do much either for /petattack(or aggressive/defensive/passive), nor for specific abilities.

The only thing I’ve gotten to work when playing a hunter, to make my pet attack something, is to use Kill Command when having that enemy targeted. Since Kill Command has such a short range, unless the pet is already in range, and is attacking that enemy, it won’t actually use the Kill Command, nor the Focus for it, it will simply tell the pet to attack the enemy. It’s unreliable when the pet is already attacking a different target and you want to swap, usually it just causes the pet to Kill Command the previous enemy.

It’s a bit of an annoying way to manage the pet, but at least it’s something. The good thing is that once your pet has started to attack the enemy, the pet does actually use all of the abilities that it should, such as Auto Attacks, Basic Attacks, and other special attacks or abilities which have auto-cast toggled on.

Do note that if you don’t have enough Focus for Kill Command, or if Kill Command is on cooldown, pressing the ability won’t do anything towards making your pet attack something. The method only works if you have the Focus required to use Kill Command, and it’s available to use.