Pet Attack Macro?

Hey I’ve been trying to figure out how to get a pet attack macro going here. I found one that works, it applies Hunter’s Mark and my little piggie charges my target but a big pop-up tells me I’m using something outside of the Blizzard UI function and I’m not really sure what I’m doing wrong that causes that?

In anycase, if there is something I can do about this without the dumb pop-up that would be great, I’ve just been having to use Ctrl+1 over an dover and I mean it works but it’s kinda annoying…

This doesn’t work?

/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack

19 Likes

Make a macro.

Open up your pet skill page and shift click petattack ability into the macro like every other ability in the game.

3 Likes

I tried that and that didn’t seem to work, I looked up why and I guess the scripting for the pet AI changed at some point in the retail game’s make-up. < @Naham

@Bandetx > I will try that out, thank you for replying so quickly! :heart:

1 Like

Thanks!
This works great, but I found you have to put the rank of Hunter’s Mark as well.
eg.
/cast Hunter’s Mark(Rank 1)
/petattack

3 Likes

Try shift-clicking the ability to save some typing.

Yeah that’s what I did, i just wanted to clarify for the guy who said it didn’t work, but then I guess I should just said that.

Anyway, glad I found this :smiley:

1 Like

When you get Heal Pet, you can add that to the macro as well. I have it fire off just before casting Hunter’s Mark:

/cast Heal Pet
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/petattack

So easy to hit that macro as part of the rotation instead of having to use the Heal Pet icon (wherever it is on your action bar) and it keeps the pet alive longer.

False. If you leave out (rank x) from the macro text, it will automatically detect your highest rank and use it. That is how all my hunter macros are set up in vanilla right now and they all work.

8 Likes

I just started playing yesterday. Just got my 1st pet and trying to make the “mark/attack/autoshot” macro and I can’t get my pet to attack or couple my auto shot. I have tried opening up the pet abilities from my spellbook and all I can shift click on is “growl” and cower" (i have a cat) there isn’t any way to shift click on attack, follow, or stay. What am I doing wrong? Did they nerf this already? If so I will cancel my account I guess. This isn’t the way original wow was. :persevere:

Lol. /petattack works perfectly fine.

Pretty sure after a month, OP got it figured out. :+1:

ummmm keybind pet attack? Works for me. I press Q and my demon attacks.

1 Like

/cast Hunter’s Mark
/PetAttack

This works for me. I don’t have hunters mark in it.
/targetenemy [noharm]
/stopmacro [noharm]
/cast dash
/petattack

1 Like

Hunter macro for a simple rotation I use. For times you don’t want your pet to be used I have a “second” macro without the “petattack” part.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/run UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/petattack
/cast Steady Shot
/use [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Farming macro with Hunter Mar (Puts a mark on the “FIRST” and only mob as you pull in that until cleared from agro). I use my scroll up and down (Scroll up is this for farming times. Scroll down is for my melee macro)

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/run UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/petattack
/castsequence [nocombat][mod] Hunter’s Mark; reset=combat !Auto Shot
/cast [exists, target=pettarget] Kill Command
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Melee (works great for SSC KT first for the breaking of CC)

#showtooltip Wing Clip
/startattack
/cast [mod] Mongoose Bite; Wing Clip
/cast !Raptor Strike
/cast Disengage

Use at your choice
This is valid while using them for TBC Classic servers for me.

thats rigth

1 Like

This is what I have been using on all my hunters since i started playing.
I use it in both classic and retail.

2 Likes

Just a heads up. /Pet Attack only works if you have your pet set to Aggressive. It doesn’t work if your pet is set to defensive mode.

1 Like

Just use this
/cast Hunter’s Mark
/cast Growl
trust me it works

1 Like