Pet Abilities in Classic

Hey All, I am new to classic wow hunter. I have been searching around but unable to find the answer. Does anyone know if I tame a pet and learn their ability at a rank I haven’t learned the others can I still teach my stabled pets? For example I haven’t learned any of the bite ranks yet, so if I go tame a pet that has bite rank 6 can I still train my stabled pets bite at rank 6 or do I need to go learn ranks 1-5 first?

Thanks for the help.

1. look at petopia’s classic page for wanted abilities.
  2. Put main pet in stable.
  3. Tame temporary pet with wanted ability.
  4. Use pet with ability until the ability is learned.
  5. Abandon temporary pet.
  6. Pull your main pet out of stable and train it.
  7. Repeat as needed.

Yes I know the steps to learning new abilities what I am wondering if I can skip finding the lower of ranks or if i can just skip to the top rank (or current rank at least for my level since I am 39).

You can, I learned Claw 2 before Claw 1.

Thank you!

That is awesome I was worrying I was going to have to go do tons of farming to catch my pet up on his abilities, now I can just go train by current ones and then continue this crazy leveling journey.

I will give you an example.

You can learn Bite rank 4 (level 24) from Ashenvale Bears.

If you tame a level 23 pet and you want it to learn Bite rank 4, you cant becoz Bite rank 4 requires level 24. You can get Bite rank 3 (level 16) to teach your level 23 pet. Once it reaches level 24, it can learn Bite rank 4.

1 Like