Personal Loot had bad luck protection while Group Loot does not

But… ML is still gone?

Group Loot creates defacto master loot. You just use RC loot council and auto pass on everything, then the GM or loot officer distributes according to a master loot system.

Sure, you can say “Go find a guild that doesn’t have it” but literally every mythic guild is using this system or something similar. There are no real options, in practice. It’s stupid.

Oh, and for the record I already have my tier set. I am 100% benefitting from this. That doesn’t mean it’s a fair system.

3 Likes

this can be the most fair system.

1 Like

The person who started a guild and just used straight up GL would probably have enough applications to fill 3 mythic teams. At least if the number of people who hate ML is as high as they say.

No, it cannot. 100% random loot is more fair that arbitrary loot assignments based on clout, sociability, or parses.

What would the quality of those teams be? What server would they be on? How many people would want to give up their current safe progression spot to try something new?

1 Like

100% random is the actual opposite of fair.

1 Like

With random loot everyone who participated in a kill gets an equal shot at loot, why is that unfair?

Group loot is a terrible system for anyone other than hardcore progression guilds. fact is the system could have been fixed by just simply letting you trade gear without restrictions.

I think personal loot should be default, and group loot should be optional for end game mythic guilds etc.

because its random.

“participated in the kill”

Is a pretty pointless statement.

I could pull the boss and die instantly, and still “participated”

then i could do that again for the next boss, and still have a chance to win the loot.

in theory that person could win a piece of gear off of every boss, because random is the opposite of what fair means.

edit:

this always tends to be said by someone who performs badly.

So, you think none of the quality mythic raiders hate ML (or quasi-ml)? Sounds like there’s no problem then.

People can transfer or, if as you all claim, this is a massively widespread concern, there’s plenty of people to do this on multiple servers.

Everyone who hates being forced into “ML”

And that’s ignoring the fact that most players are nowhere near the ability/commitment to raid mythic, so it’s not a majority problem anyway.

I just want a book or token system. That’s the ultimate bad luck protection.

The group loot they added in DF is not the same as the group loot personal loot replaced. There are protections and limitations against clear abuse (so a hunter can’t roll need on a shield and players have to declare their main spec before a boss dies).

This is probably true. Completely random PUGs are most likely to have loot drama, so PL probably makes more sense for those settings.

This is just not true and there are people in this thread telling you that. I am not a RWF player nor am I in a guild that wants master looter. Group loot is a better system for consistent groups where everyone agrees with the established loot rules. I’ll agree that personal is likely better for straight PUGs, but it was decidedly worse for guilds with players who are all fine with the way loot is decided.

It doesn’t have to only be hardcore progression groups. I’m in a pretty casual guild whose aspirations end at AOTC by the end of a season, and GL is much better for us. What matters is whether the players in the guild agree with the loot policy, not the level of progression.

Having personal loot with no trade restrictions would be the worst of all worlds. Those same guilds that expect you to pass loot under GL would expect you to trade the loot with unrestricted trades. Under both systems you have a chance to get that first item whether they like it or not, but then would be subject to a gkick. But there would still be the issue of class stacking (which lowers raid diversity unless the balance is on point).

Blizzard would need to adjust the loot generation to be the same between the two in order for this to not be abused. They could certainly do so, but such a system would likely be impossible for most to understand.

You clearly have been slacking on your prayers to RNGsus.

yes. but then people will start complaining about one piece of gear requires too many tokens.

You seem fun. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

I’m all for bosses dropping a currency for everyone, with normal loot as well. But a system like that will have to be balanced around how often loot is acquired. There WILL be people complaining about the cost for w.e reason.

1 Like

Very true. I’m very accustomed to the book system on FFXIV where you are guaranteed a piece after a set period of time - not even half the lifespan of the tier, mind - and you still have people who think three clears is too much. You just have to point and laugh.

PL should have stayed

All they had to do was make it no trade restrictions

If the 1% wanted to farm the raids with armor stacking or whatever, who cares. Make the game for the 99% regular players

I think that is true of MOST posters here.

:joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh yes, I loved knowing that if I got a useless piece on the boss before the one with the piece I want that I would be nearly guaranteed to not get the piece I want. /s