Persistent WW Issues Not Addressed

Despite the upcoming rework, there are still issues that WW has that persist even with the rework. The “rework” did nothing to fix them. It just reduced the amount of crap in our tree.

WW is still reliant on RNG/CDs for AoE. Even moreso when it’s true big AoE. We still need DoCJ procs to compete. FoF is still double reduced. SotWL is still laughable.

The crit from Skyreach/touch is still there. It continues to drag our overall damage down.

There are waaaaaay too many mandatory talents, and Blizz added new ones in the rework for some reason. This leaves less points to work with and ALL the nice stuff is still at the bottom. For how mandatory stuff like XBG is, I’d expect them to be higher on the tree.

These issues need to be addressed, and some are hilariously simple to fix.

EDIT: AS OF 4/25/24 SKYREACH HAS BEEN NERFED ON THE ALPHA. PRAISE XUEN. NOW FINISH THE JOB AND JUST DELETE THE TALENT.

1 Like

The MoP legendary cloak Fury of Xuen effect is one of my favorite animations in the game. I’m pumped they added it the tree, but I have zero faith they will be able to balance it to be better than Hit Combo… which means it won’t be taken. Please make it a separate node!

2 Likes

They did what? I had not heard of this… I must know more

They added a talent called Flurry of Xuen to the same node as Hit Combo as a choice node.

2 Likes

I had to look up an old MoP video of it because its been that long and I forgot what the animation looked like as I primarily played casters that xpac but damn that is a good animation for being 12 years old.

I really hope Monk gets a visual pass its definitely time and I am excited to play Windwalker again. The new trees are so good.

1 Like

Honestly, the animation should be a glyph for FoF instead of yet another RNG talent.

Hit Combo is one of the laziest talents I’ve seen.

Bake the bonus into Mastery and cut it.

1 Like

Even the current animation from FoF can still be good with a touch up. Just speed up the animation about 2x and add lighthing/chi or fire to the fists, or even lightning discharges at the point of the fists impact. Give it a thunder sound effect on activation and its already much better than the “flailing fists like a confused idiot” animation it currently is.

1 Like

this is mostly just incorrect and not really worth addressing

you simply dont know what youre talking about

1 Like

And what is it that you find incorrect?

How well we do in pulls is still strongly determined by DoCJ procs and it doesn’t even kill the really big pulls in a timely manner.

Skyreach/touch still puts our damage in a small window and probably indirectly nerfs the damage of all our other abilities because of how we can crit. And this isn’t even taking into account for the degeneracy we’re probably gonna see when people end up having to time Skyreach crit windows with Flurry Strikes and with Wisdom of the Wall.

Mandatory stuff got added in the new trees, and there are odd optimizations that have not been made that could benefit monk as a whole. And somehow some of the old crap/bloat is still there.

you arent keeping up with alpha changes if you type this ngl

You are correct. I haven’t been keeping a lot of tabs on it and I get the distinct feeling I missed a lot. What else has changed?

I just saw that they nerfed Skytouch recently. Big kudos btw, but they should just delete it at this point if they’re gonna blast it that hard. Curious to see how that plays out in practice.

Apart from shuffling some talents around, the rest looks more or less the same from the last change. The entire SotWL line of talents feels like a mandatory pick up. As a side note, it feels like the SotWL line of talents is partly there to make up for the nerfs to SEF that I don’t think Blizz reverted. Several of the BoK support talents feel like we’re gonna always pick them up. Also for all the shuffling they did, I’m surprised Blizz didn’t move Invoker’s to the main monk tree considering the lack of actual capstones there.

Our AoE situation also hasn’t really changed. It feels like it’s leaning towards the double 2 pc style we have now plus WDP and SotWL support. I can’t say I’d prefer that than just reverting the nerfs to our bread and butter in FoF/MotC.