Persistent Green Circle Icon - "game data is being downloaded."

Thank you for posting this!

This is neither help nor a suggestion, but I thought I’d mention that I am also experiencing this.

It began yesterday and is still happening, although I’m not certain if any of my gameplay is actually being impacted by it. I logged off for an hour, came back on, and then with no explanation or mentions of an update I also had the little green circle.

6 Likes

Still experiencing this issue even after restarting my computer.

1 Like

This has been happening to me too today. I’m not sure if it’s related but I copied my character to the PTR before this began occurring.

2 Likes

Same is happening to me. Tried repairing but the issue remains. It started last night.

1 Like

This started happening to me yesterday as well. It’s constantly there, both on live and PTR. Nothing downloading in bnet client when the game is not running either.

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports on this! We’d like to investigate and get logs from anyone experiencing the constant green circle downloading in-game.

EDIT: We have received enough logs and our QA team is investigating. Thanks for all of your submissions!

8 Likes

Logs sent! Thank you for your attention on this.

Sent logs as well.

I’m also having this issue. I’m also having unrelated hard drive issues so not running a log. My computer picked a bad time to start having hardware issues with prepatch soon.

This is happening to me as well. There is nothing in the Blizzard homepage showing an install, but it has been there since weekly reset this last Tues. It also affected my FPS during M Nzoth kill and almost kept us from getting CE yesterday, but thankfully we got it done anyway.

Been seeing the green circle all day. Did a repair earlier but no fix.

Getting this email when I attempt to mail logs:

mx0a-00381101.pphosted.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

techinfo@blizzard.com (techinfo@blizzard.com)
Your message wasn’t delivered because the recipient’s email provider rejected it.

mx0a-00381101.pphosted.com gave this error:
Message Size Violation

Try sending it again if you can. Made some changes on our side so it should go through now.

Tried a couple more times, still same error when I try to email.

I’ve also just realized this never went through. Message size restrictions.

1 Like

Sent logs too.

Same issue as everyone here, also have odd lag and high server ping that I never had before.

I HAVE FIXED MY ISSUE. The issue started when I turned on my PC and saw that there was a pre patch download thingy going on. I started my game and that pre download went away and the “game data being downloaded” baloney started. Long story short, I uninstalled and reinstalled wow and the pre download came back, I let the pre download finish completely before I even opened the game and POOF “game data being downloaded” GONE. Thank god. Just remember to save your interface and WTF folder cause I lost all my UI settings cause of my frustration.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t see this pre-download thing, ive reinstalled twice now and it hasn’t fixed anything.

1 Like

Sent along my info as well though the logs may be small since I’d tried uninstalling and reinstalling to fix it which hadn’t worked.

Thanks for looking into this! Hopefully it gets fixed quickly as the lagginess is making game play terrible and with prepatch due soon, this is our last chance to finish up some major achieves that are being removed.

Same issue here, sent email with logs as requested.

EDIT: Not sure if this is helpful but it seems like maybe the game is trying to download assets I should already have locally. It tries to download stuff every time I hit a loading screen. I’ve also noticed some strange issues with for example the map UI, where the map texture is missing for several seconds whenever I first open it after launching the game, for each different map I try to view. This is all done on a completely new machine with a pristine SSD and everything was working 100% perfectly until the maintenance this week when the issue described in this thread started occurring.

4 Likes