Perplexed at price increases

:man_shrugging:

If thatā€™s how you want to interpret it thatā€™s fine, Iā€™m not the interpretation police.

1 Like

that was your post.

its sunday, why do i even bother replying to these?

1 Like

Idk every other cost in life went up over the last 15yrs , dont see anything wrong with them adding few $ here and there ā€¦

2 Likes

k Ion enjoy your job while it lasts. People want you gone.

These threads are an obvious reaction to price increases, people like their cheap stuff, if Blizz raises prices in America people are going to throw a fit, there will be multi-thousand post threads, some people will quit others wonā€™t care and things will go on.

There will also be intermittent shade thrown at Blizz ā€œimagine raises prices and having a buggy launchā€ because there will inevitably be bugs at some point, but still nothing will change and things will carry on as normal :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

if i had his money, id be out partying somewhere, not arguing about a game with someone with 2k achievement points.

see ya next sunday.

3 Likes

Exchange rates are a thing. If people want to play, theyā€™ve got to pay the equivalent of $14.99 USD.

2 Likes

Oh i know , but still , id rather applaud them for not raising each and every single year like the price on my food , or the price on my smoke ā€¦

1 Like

and yet the one of the cheapest forms of entertainment at its base cost. you would spend more for an hour or two at a movie theater (if any of those survived the pandemic) than you would for a month in wow.

3 Likes

ESO costs the same price every month. Nothing out of line with the costs at all.

1 Like

lmfao it shows this ones achievement go look. I have over nearly 28 thousand achievement points tyvm. You take the cake what people in wow are leaving this game. lmfao 431 mounts, over a 1000 different battle pets, pvp 743 honor lvl stupid comment.

They stopped reporting subs because subs no longer are important to shareholdersā€¦ coincidentally the WoW token was introduced in the next quarter after subs disappeared; a plan that was in the pipeline to go to the cash shop likely before that last quarterly SEC filing disclosing sub numbers. Iā€™m sure their revenue bounced up pretty high when tokens went live and bottom line profit is all that matters to a for-profit company. Subs are important, but not enough to report them anymore.

1 Like

whereā€™s the evidence of this claim?

in fact most casual players re ecstatic their gear finally matters.

With the exception of New Zealand and game-time only (not subs) in Canada, price increases have brought local currency pricing in line with $14.99 USD/month. So exchange rates explain most of it. NZ and CA pay significantly more which is difficult to explain but may be due to specific taxes in those regions that are not billed separately like most check-out taxes because ActiBlizz is a foreign company (thatā€™s the CA digital goods tax take anyway).

If ActiBlizz considered inflation per the US CPI, then the $14.99 back in Nov-2004 would be at $20.42 in Nov-2020. If inflation increases their annual operating costs itā€™s pretty reasonable to expect that they eventually will pass that on to the consumer. Itā€™s amazing that they have not for 16 years, but $20 USD is pretty easily justified on inflation alone.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the perfect time to raise prices- everyoneā€™s entertainment options have been severely cut due to COVID, many are jobless, and games/movies/shows have slowed down greatly in their releases/delays due to it.

Thereā€™s more free time right now, and fewer ways to use it- which has let streaming services, mobile games and live service games potentially have the best chances ever to make big cash.

Nowā€™s the time to raise prices- they know their audience, people wonā€™t quit over a price hike.

That is false. I have not seen a price increase in 16 years. Blizard isnā€™t raising the price in real money. It is still 14.99 US dollars.

The Austalian dollar (a foreign currency) has gone down in value. So you can pay 15 US dollars, or you can pay 20 Australian dollars. Those are the same thing. There is no price increase.

Are you trying to trick players, by pretending that Blizzard is increasing prices? Is this an anti-Blizzard trick?

1 Like

Hosting a server has gotten cheaper since 2004 with technology advancing. Plus they should be making money with wow tokens and the Blizzard Store.

There are plenty of games out there that donā€™t even require a sub anymore.

1 Like

No, absolutely not!

you know what happened to TV when they got too greedy?
it could happen here.

just gotta wait for THE alternative to show up :wink:

Labor has not